Funny thing happened this morning

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Michael W. Smith, May 16, 2006.

1. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

As every morning, I hauled the 4 baby bottles full of milk over plus my black Rubbermaid bucket full of water over to the goat pen. I dumped the bucket of water into their water pan, set it down on the ground and then fed the kids their bottles of milk. I then proceeded to milk the one doe I"m milking when I hear this awful noise. I could tell it was the water bucket with goats running every which way.

I happen to catch the problem out the window. One of the kids somehow got the bucket around it's neck which then scared it and it went running from where the bucket was, to the other end of the pen, out the door, and into the field running as fast as it could trying to "outrun" the "thing" around it's neck!!!!! Poor kid ended up head over heels, but managed to dislodge the bucket!!!! :D

Don't goats do the funniest things?!?!?!?

2. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

That would of been great if it was on video. How funny

3. cjb

cjb Well-Known Member Supporter

Funny! Look up my string called something like "Silly goat" and you'll see pictures of how bizarre our goat Clementine is. :)

By the way - I have to ask, is your name really Michael W Smith or do you just like his music?

4. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

I don't have any goats that dance!!!!!

And yes, my name REALLY is Michael W. Smith!!!! And NO, I'm not the singer!!

5. cjb

Dang - I would be pretty pumped if it was really Michael W Smith but I bet he doesn't raise livestock - just children. I think he has like 6 or so. :)

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Too Cute! CONGRATS on having a WONDERFUL goat memory. Bye.

7. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

We have a pen full of little LaMancha kids and a few weeks back a little doeling did just about the same thing. We had all their bottles in a five gallon bucket. Little "Glennis" stuck her head in the bucket and got her neck up under the handle, she got spooked from it and took off running. She ran and ran and we were so afraid she was gonna really injure herself. She ended up cracking that five gallon plastic bucket down the side and finally got free. She looked a bit dazed and confused, but was fine. However, she remained very hoarse for days, weeks really, and to tell the truth, her voice is still not the same. I think she may have changed her little vocal cords forever. Not much, but we can tell. Silly little thing!

8. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

There was a pygmy wether where I used to board my horse. One day he came roaring out of the barn, screaming, with a bucket around his neck. By the time they caught him, the handle was right around his belly! My poor horse was shaking for twenty minutes afterwards! :help:

Silly critters. :p

9. cjb

.. funny goat stories

Our silly goat (from my thread where she is 'dancing') now shakes hooves on command. I can say "Clementine, shake" and she lifts her front leg up to me.

I'm almost regretting teaching her this, though, because she now shakes when not asked and its like being kicked by a little girl with sharp shoes on. ;-)

goats really are funny creatures.

10. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

cjb, I have been stepped on by those sharp little shoes, and worse, by a 600 pound half bull. Really painful, this half bull also hit me and my mom in the butt several times, and ramed me into a fence, and my mama into a tree. Thank God he is now gone. Animals do some weird stuff huh? Well see ya bye

11. Raftercat5

Raftercat5 Kathy in S. Carolina

Goat Freak: OK...I just GOTTA ask: What is a half bull? A steer? You really got me on this one.
    BTW, one of my goats got tangled in a bucket once, too. First her head, then both front feet! The bucket was on her belly, and she was having a hard time reaching the ground. It really freaked out her and our other goat! They also got into trouble once with the plastic barrel we feed them hay out of. One was eating thru the keyhole cutout, and the other goat wanted to eat from that keyhole, even tho there was another spot for her, so she butted the other goat, and since her head was inside the barrel, she and the barrel fell over and rolled. There was a lot of hollering MMAAAAAAMAAAAAAA!!!! LOL...silly goats!!
    - Kathy