Funny question today asked about my Angora rabbits

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by BamaSuzy, Feb 3, 2005.

1. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

Today a man was visiting with my husband and they were out looking at all my animals...Looked at the goats, then the chickens, then...

Husband took him into the bunny barn and he spied "Big-Boy" and wanted to know why I was keeping a POODLE in a CAGE in the barn!!!! It was Big Boy, one of my English Angora bucks! (He is quite fluffy right now wearing his winter fur!)

When husband told him it was a RABBIT he looked puzzled and looked at the other Angoras BUT husband doesn't think he ever BELIEVED they were rabbits!

This just hit me as being sooooo funny! Really brightened an otherwise gray dreary day!

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Are there any photos of your rabbits you could show us? I'd love to see what a rabbit like that looks like.

Angie

3. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

I used to have a photo of one of them beneath my name on this forum, before we had to quit using them. I don't know how to post them any other way but I will be glad to e-mail you a photo if you'd like to see one. Or go to www.backwoodshome.com to their forum and any post by me, Suzy, there will have a photo of one of my Angoras under my name!

4. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

Suzy, do you sell any of your rabbits? If you do, pm me with information concerning purchasing from you. We've just started to breed for the petmarket several different breeds, but our supply cannot meet the demands. People are always asking for an angora.

5. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a supplier and not too far, I would be interested. I breed several breeds, and what don't make the show table usually end up as reptile food. Hate doing it, but no other option(for the little guys).
    PM me if interested

6. baysidebunny

baysidebunny Well-Known Member

YIKES! :eek: