Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting another feel good thread so we can all acknowledge that it's okay to feel good about ourselves or at least adequate for the things we do.

It's not a woman's lib thing, just for full disclosure.

I had a funny thing happen today, it was an interesting and heartfelt compliment from a coworker. For some reason I am always surprised when people look up to me or for advice. I think it's because in my mind, what I do is natural and (to me) common sense and/or just...what is done and nothing I know is secret information.

We are also very candid and transparent where I work and have a pretty darn close team as far as collegues go, we care about each other though it stays at work. It is important to all of us that we each care about each others' well being, because we have to deal with each other and are often on live conference calls with "big wigs" at large enterprises and have to have our stuff together.

Anyway we were in a team meeting and the subject came up for the newbs about what we all did between the time we came on and the time we start training which can be up to two weeks. And I answered a rather long answer with specifics including web addresses of internal and external sites, how to add the training videos to their dashboard, which ones to watch first and a brief synopsis of each group. There are about 30 or so videos comprising of about 120 hours of training.

Then someone said, "Wow, how do you remember that?" And I just looked at them...and then my buddy Rodney says, "Oh see, yeah, Miss Karen is like that, you know that's why she's my go to because she's been here the longest and just absorbs stuff. She has all these news feeds and groups and just absorbs it, like osmosis and stays up to date. If something new just happened or changed five minutes ago, she knows. And she doesn't even use her phone."

HAHA! That was an awesome compliment! He was the third person that made my day today. I had an awesome day despite the "man" making me wear heels and *gasp* casual professional attire. lol

·
Poo Fairy
6,495 Posts
:) LA is the sexiest guitar playing cowboy on ST!! And he wears really nice boots!

Reactions: nehimama and WhyNot

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the way it's going.
I'd give L.A. a compliment but I believe the last time I did, he freaked out. Sooooo hmmmm.....

I'd like to compliment ALL the single dudes on ST because most of them seem kind, sweet and make me smile a lot with their comments, insights and candor. Keeps up my faith in the "mens" out there. :D

Well...then there's Bill. LMAO!

·
Have a Great Day!
5,197 Posts
Thank You so much for the compliments Miss Fowler*, I am just an ordinary average guy-but Your compliments make me feel like I may have some redeeming qualities remaining*.
Miss Fowler: You are a very Special Lady!, and I know someday, You are going to meet a Guy, Who is as Special as You*
Miss Summer: I have noticed unfamiliar vehicles, doing very slow drive by's-from now on, I am going to wave them on in the drive-for a cup of coffee and some Friendship.( Lookin' out the window right now*)
Miss Karen: When I first came to this Forum, I began looking at profiles. When I came across Yours,
I read it, and thought-this Lady is Good Looking, Smart, and She Know's what She wants! After reading several of Your posts, and getting to know You here-that has been confirmed!- You are a Sweetheart and I really enjoy Your company here*
I have met some Amazing people here, I Thank You all for being 'You'!: More compliments to come!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I honestly think i could enjoy dating, building things and working towards a goal with most any of these women here on ST. They know stuff, got a plan, and get things done. Trouble is they are all so far away!! I can't move yet, so I'm an island of myself. :facepalm:

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
it's okay to feel good about ourselves or at least adequate for the things we do.
Saturday night, I had a party of 6 sit in the bar.
2 men appeared to be mid 30's.
The other 4, I carded.
1986-1989's.
One of the 'mid 30's' was the 'speaker' for the table.
Quite handsome I might add.
And he was very flirtatious (subtlely).
So, I picked up what he was puttin' down and dished it right back.
((AND gave excellent service))
After discounting his beer (it was the special for the night) his bill was a little over 100.00 (discount was almost 50.00)
He tipped me 50.00......yeah, 50.00. Nice. 50% gratuity.

The other table I had going at the same time (another party of 6) 3 couples, and at the end of their meal, the combined tip was 45.00 (about 30%) AND there was NO flirting going on there. HA HA. Just good service.

I made almost 100.00 on 2 tables.....in about 1.5 hours.
Yeah, that made me feel good!!

Compliments to others?
The women here who do what they do, without any help, inspire me!
I appreciate that they share their ups and downs.....they make it "real" not some fluff fake garbage.
The men here are not slobbering hound dogs, but are willing to answer (what appears to me as) some of the dumbest questions I have ever asked, WITHOUT ridicule or condensation.

I am so thankful for ST, because the folks here are pretty dang awesome.

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today I had a good compliment. My manager (who happens to be a retired stand up comic....no foolin) says, "And then there is WhyNot...who lets everyone know how much everything is failing."

:D

It is a compliment because part of my job is to find flaws in system and process. In the last week I stumbled upon 45 bugs and ranted enough they took me seriously. All day today I spoke with people that are above my managers' manager, getting my input and etc.

It's nice to feel important and you are making a difference even if for just a day or so.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think one just did. :clap: Oops, gotta be quicker. Anyway, this is in response to your first post of course!

As to your second one about Tom....... I DO live closer, and I'm ALREADY stalking him. Sorry. :whistle:
Wow…what have I been missing???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts