G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted this today:

I have either a 25 or 27 inch TV someone can have. It needs minor work,
If you prop the back end up with a book, you can get a picture. Or if
you hit the side you can get a picture.

Sounds like a ******* TV to me. :rotfl:

(A few hours later, they posted pending pickup, so someone actually wanted it. :p )

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Funny you mention amusing ads... I saw one the other day on the local Craigslist for egg rolls. Some woman had some egg rolls her husband didn't like and she wanted to give them away. Didn't specify if they were frozen or not, just to come by and get them.

To me, that was kind of weird, but whatever.

·
Registered
289 Posts
ladycat said:
Someone posted this today:

I have either a 25 or 27 inch TV someone can have. It needs minor work,
If you prop the back end up with a book, you can get a picture. Or if
you hit the side you can get a picture.

Sounds like a ******* TV to me. :rotfl:

(A few hours later, they posted pending pickup, so someone actually wanted it. :p )
I once offered in Freecycle a DVD player that I believe literally took out the image of our TV. Basically, all we had was a blue screen. Audio was fine.
I couldn't believe it, I had 10 people wanting that DVD. Some said they had an older second TV they would try it on first!! :baby04: Well, I warned them all and they still wanted it. LOL

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
mtnbluet881 said:
I once offered in Freecycle a DVD player that I believe literally took out the image of our TV. Basically, all we had was a blue screen. Audio was fine.
I couldn't believe it, I had 10 people wanting that DVD. Some said they had an older second TV they would try it on first!! :baby04: Well, I warned them all and they still wanted it. LOL
Perhaps they knew something about setting it up that you didn't know. The same thing has happened to me; somebody else got it to work properly within a couple of minutes......(egg on red face). LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speaking of funny freecycle offers, I find this one downright suspicious. Someone just posted this a few minutes ago.

Hi, i have 2~ $25 Target gift cards

wanting $15 for each card

Thank you

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
ladycat said:
Speaking of funny freecycle offers, I find this one downright suspicious. Someone just posted this a few minutes ago.

Thank you
I thought the point of "freecycle" was the "free" part?? :shrug:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tracy Rimmer said:
I thought the point of "freecycle" was the "free" part?? :shrug:
OOPS, I was mistaken. That was on cheapcycle.

It's still suspicious, though.

·
lost in my own mind
330 Posts
heck it might be worth getting it. i work for a tv repair shop unless it's 15 years old or something like that it might be worth looking at. it most likely just a loose connection and at that size in are shop it only 55 bucks to fix it

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
ladycat said:

Thank you
sometimes you can buy gift cards that are worth more than you pay...I recently got some Build A Bear gift cards that I paid $10/each for and they are worth $20 each.....the point is that I could give them to someone....I figure next time we go, we will save $20 (had 2 cards--we paid $20 but got $40 worth)

which gives me an IDEA.....anyone want to buy 2 Build A Bear Workshop gift cards for $15 each?????? LOL---see I would be MAKING money on them!

Rachel

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I saw one on the local Craigslist that made my stomach turn over a few nights ago, it read 'Turn of the Century baby or doll casket', and y'all, it was a real casket. It further read 'lining is stained' and it showed a picture, and the white lining had stains that were that awful color... you know. I just about puked. Wanted $125 for it, I was really kind of shocked.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
I got a real kick out of the local radio Party Line the other day.

A woman advertised that she wanted a car in good condition--then added---that ran.

There was also a lady advertising a concert ticket because she had to have surgery and couldn't go. When asked where the concert was she rattled off the name of a theater I'd never heard of. The announcer hadn't either and asked where it was at. The caller had to look at the tickets and reported the concert was about an hour and a half away rather than being locally. Who buys tickets without knowing where they have to go to attend?

Quite often the caller will ask, "Is this Perky?" "
No, Perky retired 10 to 15 years ago."

For a little more egg on a face, "Hello is this Perky?"
"No, I am a male and my name is Bill!"

For entertainment how about the callers that argue with the announcer that they can't be on the air because they can't hear themselves over the radio.
Can you say time delay?

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Be careful of those 'gift cards'! How do you know if they have been purchased and activated? Someone could lift those cards at the register and say "I have a 50$ GC and I'll sell it for 10$".. IS there a way to know if it is a good gift card?? Queen Bee

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
RoseGarden said:
I saw one on the local Craigslist that made my stomach turn over a few nights ago, it read 'Turn of the Century baby or doll casket', and y'all, it was a real casket. It further read 'lining is stained' and it showed a picture, and the white lining had stains that were that awful color... you know. I just about puked. Wanted $125 for it, I was really kind of shocked.

Oh! I sure wish I hadn't seen this!!! :eek: Been having bad dreams for the past few nights, looks like tonight may be a doozy. A long time ago, I had a baby at 6-1/2 months that only lived eight hours - I was holding up okay until I saw that casket and then I just lost it. Sorry, guess that's TMI (too much information) coming from a newbie huh? There have been some news stories lately around here about graveyard looting. I sincerely hope that's not where the one you saw came from.

calliemoonbeam (moon)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.