Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 64 relatively young (varies but within 5 years planting) Fruit trees of various varieties (apple, plum, pear, peach, nectarine, sweet cherry, tart cherry and various varietes within those) Most of them=7 have one fungal disease or another but most of them are the leaf spot... though a couple peaches are dabbling with bacterial canker... and they usually dabble in peach leaf curl too. My pears were all pitted this year from their disease. Quite a few peaches dropped too early but what made it to harvest was great!last year though I had a lot of maggots at the core of the peach. I really never wanted to spray anything but I have to but I dont know what to use. With 64 trees averaging 6-7foot tall with my oldest peaches maybe 10 foot tall and bushy, I really need something good.. I am looking for suggestions on how to treat them at the least expense but good results... I am in Michigan so the trees are going dormant soon but I know sometimes people spray at this point though most i think are in the Spring jut before bud break??and again after bud break??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts