Fullblood 100% Boer EGGS Doe wanted

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Milking Mom, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

I will be traveling to Commerce Texas from the Huntsville, Tx. area
    going up Hwy 19, on August 5, 2006.
    I am looking for 1 nice full blood (100%)Boer Doe or doeling that can
    be bred this fall who has tested CL and CAE negative. I do not want
    percentage does. If you have anything under $250.00 that we might
    could pick up that is close to our area of travel on the 5th let me
    know asap. I am wanting a nice breeding doe with EGGS lineage that
    could produce nice kids, not something that someone is culling because
    of problems or defects. No problems with kidding, mastitis, illness
    or anything like that. If you have something we would be interested
    in please email me with pictures, pedigree and price before August
    4th. Christye9916@cs.com
    Thanks

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    OK, I am not a goat person and am not sure what that abrevation is for, I thought I was going to get a chance to explain the birds and bees... :p

3. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Hi, didn't know you were getting boers. Just like in finding a nice dairy doe, I would go about the hunt for a boer the same way. I would join the East Texas Boer Goat Association and go to one of thier meeting and sales. I would also get a copy of their newsletter after the Lufkin show and see who is whom and who has what and what is showing well. They have breeding stock shows not just meat goat shows. I would buy from someone who has the same philosophy I have about CAE and I would not buy from someone who vaccinates for CL.

Finding the bloodline you want in the $250 range may be hard...unless it's a diluted grand daughter...sort of like how Frosty Marvin folks are in Nubians, sure it's a grand daughter of his, but what were the two dams like on the dam side? Awful and no amount of FM is going to fix them :)

I would also put off my purchase for a couple of months, prices come down a $100 or more when hay prices and it's scarcity starts scaring folks with too many goats! Vicki

4. Milk n' Honey

Milk n' Honey Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Fall is a good time to buy stock at cheaper prices. I personally would not sell a doe of that lineage for that price and especially if I were running tests on them and such. I would be really careful if you do find one for that price because there might be an underlying cause such as one of the ones you listed (cull does, etc.). I would expect to pay $600 and up for a doe like you have listed. Good luck though. I hope you find what you are looking for. I like the Eggs line too. We bought an Eggswood daughter/Eggsfile granddaughter and she just had triplets for us. She was bred by Louisville Slugger. Her kids are really nice. 2 bucklings and 1 doeling. Super exciting for us!! Let us know if you get lucky!! Take care.