Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've historically had access to politics forum but now when I select it, I get a full page ad for forum registration (see attached) and I can't get around it.

You can see I'm already a member and I'm logged in. I've closed the browser, deleted history/cleaned cache and it only happens for Politics forum.

I'm sure this is user error, but I've never seen it before. What else should I be trying?

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
I've historically had access to politics forum but now when I select it, I get a full page ad for forum registration (see attached) and I can't get around it.

You can see I'm already a member and I'm logged in. I've closed the browser, deleted history/cleaned cache and it only happens for Politics forum.

I'm sure this is user error, but I've never seen it before. What else should I be trying?
A few months ago things changed for the political forum you now have to Ask Permission to get into it. This was done so only folks that wanted to be there would be in the politics forum. Some didn't even want to See the Forum Show on their computers for some reason or another.:rolleyes:

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
The permission request is indicated under the name of the forum if looked at on the index.

The change happened in late 2012. Maybe Jan 2013.

If there is an issue with how the site is running, it is best to put it in the Support and Announcement forum.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/homesteadingtoday-announcements-support/

I just happened to see this title and looked to see what the ad was that was being referenced.

I will assume you want into Political and ad the permissions for it to your account.

Everyone else, if you are having issues with the forum, please post in the Support and Announcement forum, as that's where we look for people that need help.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Very interesting, you do have access to the political forum. Make sure you are checking the remember me when logging in. What you describe will happen if you do not have the remember me checked.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I was logged in at the time, with the remember me flag checked and as you say, I already have the Politics access. This was new behavior this morning, but it has cleared up now so I guess I'll chalk it up to 'who knows.':shrug: If I have another issue, I'll put it in Support and Announcements as you suggest. Thanks again.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Good deal. I've had a couple of weird forum occurances on other forums in the past couple of days.

I'm glad I could help you out here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts