Full of the Spirits and Full Moon in the Ozarks

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by big rockpile, Jan 2, 2007.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Setting here watching MASH Reruns and setting by the flickering fire.Taking in some Kentucky Grain Spirits.On a fresh New Years in the Ozarks.

Go out to get a fresh load of wood to go on the fire.Look up what a beautiful Full Moon.Just a night to go for a walk.

Decided to walk down to the bottom of the holler.Now Whiteoak Holler is not a deep holler only about 1,000 feet deep.But full of history.Such as the murderers that roamed here and the Sawmill that was here.

So off for my walk.I decide to just walk down the dirt road.In the moonlight I can see the road going across the holler into Elm Holler.

I start down the hill,thinking about why we moved here.This place has nothing,can't grow grass,too rocky for a good garden.Not as much Game as in the Grain rich plains.But I walk on and think.

Nothing but mostly Oak.The quite time of the year,nobody around.See the frost on the ground from the cold of ther night,but you don't notice because you are full of spirirts.

Ok what brings you here is it the quiteness and solitude of the Winter.Is it the Tom Turkeys and Whip poor Wills sounding off in the Spring.And all the beautiful Spring Flowers.The smell of a Trout Stream.Is it the heat of Summer,knowing the best place is down at the river.Or is it the beauty of the Fall when the Lord just lets you know about what the streets of Gold are almost like.And you fill your lungs with the first cool air of the season.As you watch two rutting Bucks fight.

No I think it is the Ozarks,no place like it on Earth.The place is hard,but every day you step out the Door you know you are so very much alive,and you Love it.The Lord made it and you are here because he Loves you. :dance: :angel:

big rockpile

2. wyld thang

wyld thang God Smacked Jesus Freak Supporter

Turtle Island/Yelm, WA "Land of the Dancing Spirit
    yes!yes!yes! (and I'm spent)

isn't it fun to live in a place that's "good for nothing" but growing exactly what is does grow

THANK YOU for sharing!!!!!!!!

(wish there was more of this kind of stuff ;))

enjoy that Wolf Moon aaaaaaawooooooooo!!!!!!!!

3. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Rockpile - thanks for sharing that - it was great. I walked thru the livingroom tonight (I too was watching MASH reruns) and looked out one of the skylights to see a full moon.

4. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow! You wax poetic....Must have been that full moon that so many of us were gazing at last night....couldnt have been the liquid that made you so tender hearted. I really enjoyed that rockpile.... thanks....