Frustrating few days!!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by tltater, Sep 21, 2005.

1. tltater

tltater Well-Known Member

I know I am not the first and only person to have these problems, but I have had most of my goats for about a year now and have never had so many! First we have Frosty out of the blue fighting with Gabby. Get that problem taken care of and last night Frosty decides to climb over the fence. Now mind you, I have pygmys who are suppose to be escape artists and I have had NOOOO problems with them at all. So, she gets solitary confinement again so she isn't getting out. Low and behold, this morning, she has broken out of the other fence in the small pen. UGGGGHHHH! Put her back with everyone else. Milk her, put them out in the pasture we have just recently fenced (well almost finished fencing...one small section that I have a temperary chicken wire fence on so they can browse for awhile) they are out there about an hour. I let the dogs out, doing a few things in the yard and poof....they are ALL out(of course led by....you guessed it....Frosty!!!!) I don't know about anyone else, but I hate playing goat roundup!!!!

Now, I reinforced the small pen and put trouble maker Frosty in there because I am sure now that she has found where the rabbit food is and how to "break in", she'll continue to climb the fence she bent.

Sorry, just needed to vent! Thanks for reading/listening!!!

Tracy
    Southwestern, NY

2. Loisp

Loisp Active Member

Ahh! The joys of goat farming!

3. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

Yep mine are always doing that. I found that cattle panels work great.
    steff

4. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Sorry to hear about your problems, hopethat goat of yours calms her butt down. I NEVER have to do goat herding, I just grab the feed bucket and led them in, if they have perticulary irked me I just put them in and they do not get the feed, but usually it is one of my sisters fault so I give them a little bit, never too much. Well hope everything calms down at your place, wish ya luck, Bye.