Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some drosophila loose in the house.

I have some minneola peels on a plate from breakfast, waiting to be taken out to the compost bin.

I have a small cutting block next to the peels on the counter, with chocolate dust on it from cutting a piece off a block of it last night in a fit of chocolate craving.

The fruitflies are checking out the chocolate and seeming to find it attractive.

Is it my imagination or are they even more hyper than usual for a fruitfly?

· Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A'sta at Hofstead said:
I say catch the fruit flies, roll them in melted chocolate, nuts, etc.... and eat, extra protein, and no more fruit flies. :)

Ah, that good old Yankee ingenuity!

I think I can combine steps 1 and 2 if I leave out a pan of slightly-melted, tacky chocolate, ya think?

· Turkey Wrangler
2,972 Posts
suburbanite said:
Ah, that good old Yankee ingenuity!

I think I can combine steps 1 and 2 if I leave out a pan of slightly-melted, tacky chocolate, ya think?
Yup! A house fly or two will only add extra crunch!

· Turkey Wrangler
2,972 Posts
suburbanite said:
I think I'll pick the houseflies out--there's a litterbox in the house and you don't know where they've been.
Doesn't that gross you right out? Then they land on you or gad, fly in your face. Yech. Pick them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.