Fruitcake Orphanage

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by texican, Dec 13, 2006.

1. texican

texican Well-Known Member

I posted on another fruitcake thread last night, but alas, it was covering human fruitcakes...

I am once again opening the doors to my United Fruitcake Orphanage. I take in poor unloved and underappreciated fruit cakes and give em the love they really really deserve... :rolleyes: ...

If it weren't for shipping, I'd take in everyone's orphans....

Of course, I could probably rustle up the postage if someone got one of those hawaiian fruitcakes (got one last year, packed with almost no filler, pecans and premium fruit inside, capped with a solid coat of macadamia nuts.... oh that was a very good orphan :p )

I won't go into too much detail whether me liking fruitcake makes ME a fruitcake...

2. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Waitaminit....

I think you are not giving those fruitcakes a good home... I think you are bathing them in brandy and then EATING them!!!! :nono:

Oh, the horror!!

;)

Pony! (who is keeping her fruitcakes, thank you very much!)

3. texican

texican Well-Known Member

Now, now, Pony

I am not a dirty old man... I'd never get my fruitcakes drunk on brandy first, then take advantage of em...

Of course, there was that one, that accidentally fell into a pan of rum... but that was an accident, yeah, that's it, an accident... :p

4. Bluegirl

Bluegirl Well-Known Member

I love fruitcake too. My dh buys me store bought cakes all the time. The store bought cakes are not always yummy. Those, I slice and place in a suet feeder. The birds love it. ;)

5. bare

bare Head Muderator

Psst! Hey Tex, like fudge? If yer orphanage gets overly full, maybe we can work out an exchange?

6. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

I, for one, will be happy to send you any fruitcakes that come my way. I have never gotten home-made, delicious fruitcakes. Only store purchased door stops masquerading as fruit cakes. There is something seriously wrong with a doorstop that disguises itself as a fruitcake.

7. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

I, too, would be happy to open my home to any poor, homeless fruitcakes! I have a big stomach, err, I mean, heart! Yeah, that's it, a big heart! :p

8. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

with lotsa rum and thick marzipan icing!! :bouncy: :lookout:

9. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Why thats A food I just love, My next favorite is Cheesecake. So if any body has any extra fruit cakes PLEASE send them to me..
    I don't never ask for much for Christmas. Please.

10. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't like fruitcake- maybe bec I don't like rum- but LOVE a fruitcake I make with gumdrop fruit (get the fruit flavored ones not spice) in place of candied fruit. nuts optional but beware it is candy not cake- eat SMALL pieces.