Frost is Evil

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by largentdepoche, Dec 16, 2006.

1. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Anyone else think frost is evil?

We're facing a freeze in Finland, and we had no road warnings from the FMI. Hubby and I went out and lo and behold, ALOT of frost was out. Cars were fishtailing and wheels squealing since they couldn't find traction.

Not to mention I can I drive through a hurricane type wind in GA with no problem (whoo for the years of El Nino lol) but when the car fishtails on frost I scream like a little girl LOL!

Kat

2. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

It's "black ice" here. Snow or sleet melts a bit during the day then freezes as a sheet again that night. LOTS of fun driving down the Buffalo River hill an inch at a time and then fishtailing back up again .

3. Karin L

Karin L Bovine and Range Nerd

Frost is nothing compared to freezing rain and then a big snowstorm following right after.
    That's what we (me and dad) went through last night, and the roads were in terrible shape...couldn't see the yellow line at all, drifts piling up, and lots of icy patches...slow going, that's for sure.

I don't mind the snow, but when it's windy, and snowing, and there's wind whipping up sheets of snow in front of you that's so blinding it's really hard to see traffic up ahead, I get a little scared. Even when someone else's driving.