Front porch caved in

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by paulaswolfpack, Jun 30, 2006.

1. paulaswolfpack

paulaswolfpack Well-Known Member

Thought I had a nice front poarch on this middle moblie home it soliod except this one spot Iam thinking if I got find someone able we could take a 2 ton jack, jack it up put clyclinder blocks or RR ties dont know which would be better,then need to get some guttering up by the doors,these 3 moblies were rentals and that all never had much up keep. we were just so desprate to get to the country,and with 3 seperate living quarters my dh and I didnt have to divrioce, and my disabled daughter could stay in my sights, she having major surgery on her back soon has a cyst all the way up her spinalcord flattening it,she trust no docters after waking up the last time,so do you think blocks or RR ties? :shrug:

2. Micahn

Micahn Well-Known Member

I would think blocks as they would last forever. The RR ties might compress some as well and you would have to jack it back up again and put some shims in. The blocks as long as they had a good base would stay the same forever.

What ever you put you should make sure that you have a good base under them. Even if you just dig a hole and put a couple of bags of sack concrete in there would be better then nothing.

3. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

I would make sure that you only use cylinder blocks from V-8 engines. The preferable cylinder block would be from a Chevy 350...they last forever.

4. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

u r so silly, thanks for the giggle!