Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8 month old doeling Rose has been sticking her head through the fence and wagging her tail and just taking great interest in the buck next door. Is she being friendly just saying hello or is she ready to be bred? The buck has been next door for about a week and just today she seems like she wants to go over there. She never cared for the buck before and has even acted a little scared of him. So this is odd behavior. Nothing else would clue me in that she's in heat besides this new interest in the buck.

·
Small scale homesteader
725 Posts
Yeah, I'd say she's definitely in heat.. Let her in..

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well only problem this isn't the buck I was hoping to breed her to. The one she was to be bred to had difficulties and is just now starting to grow. So no buck was available. I guess I have to breed to that one then. She is still highly interested so we'll give it a shot!

·
Small scale homesteader
725 Posts
You don't have to breed her now.. You can wait for the other buck to be ready.. Or you can breed her now with the one thats ready and breed her with the other next year..

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have someone who wants me to make cheese and buy milk from me. This year we just didn't have enough milk. I was feeding 3 kids. I really don't want to tell her this for yet another year and I have 3 to 4 people wanting her babies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts