Fresh Crab!!!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by BobK, Nov 22, 2006.

1. BobK

BobK Well-Known Member

The ocean finally fell into a reasonable shape.....we launched on Sat. at about 1 and were dropping pots by 2 pm......the ocean had a pretty big ;lump to it but no wind.....I fished a few hoop nets trying to get something for dinner and as a bit of prospecting.....after two hours and two pulls we had only caught a couple of rock crabs and about a dozen dungeness the size of a silver dollar....we quickly moved the pots a few miles up the coast and after rebaiting we dropped our string for an over night soak.....

.....had a great dinner of pork roast, fresh sourdough bread, and a graden salad right out of the garden dressed with the 'house's' supreme vinagerette........slept like a log....

next morning we made the run to pull our pots.......some pots with zilch......some with a mix of rock and dungenesee.....and a few loaded with legal dungeness....we got our thirty crab and headed home......several fresh crab dinners.....one great corn and crab chowder...and tonights fresh crab later and accounting for all the other free loaders we need to get another window.........now the watching and waiting begins....

2. posifour11

posifour11 Well-Known Member

sounds like a good memory

3. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

mmmmmmmm I love crab! I'd rather have a crab roll than lobster roll.