Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make soap this weekend. I've been told to line my mold with freezer paper.

What exactly IS freezer paper and where do I go to buy it?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I got mine at the grocery store, where the aluminum foil and other wraps are. It is white, like wax paper but thicker, and only coated with something (?) on one side.

Someone found a tutorial of how to properly line a mold. I need to find that so i can make a timplate for lining. Doing it on the fly right before soaping can be a pain.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Freezer paper is heavy white paper, that has a slick finish on one side. This is the side that should face the soap, when lining a mold. It can be purchased either in a box or in a large roll. We butcher our own meat, so we usually buy it in the large roll, if we can find it. You should be able to find in the aisle with waxed paper. Reynolds makes freezer paper.

http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitchens/en/product.asp?prod_id=1798

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Madame,

It should be at the grocers, it is heavier than wax paper. One side is like a parchment, the other side is shiny.

Now, depending on your mold .... can you put a trashbag in it??? Cheaper, but there are more wrinkles .... more 'handcrafted' looking me thinks

OR you can make a quick trip to my place and I'll get you some freezer paper, and some more FO to entice you!!

heheheheh <---- evil laugh!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
If you don't find the freezer paper by the wax paper, look in the canning section of your grocery store. There is one store in my area that puts it there instead.

·
spellcheck is my freind!
647 Posts
We butcher our own meat too so I always have a big roll of butcher paper. We buy it at a bulk grocery store (restaurant supply). I've also used plastic wrap to line the mold,,that worked alright too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts