freeman 2000 loader

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by uarelovedbygod, Aug 3, 2004.

1. uarelovedbygod

uarelovedbygod Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about a freeman 2000 loader? I just bought a used international 464 with a freeman 2000 loader and bucket. I would love to find a manual for the loader, but for now I was wondering if anyone knew the lifting capacity (pounds) for this type of loader.

Thanks

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.........................On my ford 340a tractor, I welded 3 hooks , one in the center and 1 on each side of the bucket and i could usually lift just about any configuration with those 3 hooks. Hook a chain around the center of your bucket and attach to a heavy object of say 2k pounds and see if it will pickup. When the load exceeds the maximum capability of the loader the system will simply circulate the fluid back into the body of the tractor. There should be a maximum pressure bypass that establishes the lift capacity of the loader and it will always Prevent you from Overloading the FE loader . This is the way it was explained to me and I think Most hydraulic systems function in this manner......Agmantoo , will have a much better understanding of this subject than I do........fordy..... :eek: :)

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Well drat I answered this post over on the HT board. Serves me right for not looking here first!