Free Taster's Choice (2wks supply)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by CraftyDiva, Feb 5, 2005.

1. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

2. Countrybumpkin

Countrybumpkin Well-Known Member

Thanks! Free coffee is just that-free coffee!!

3. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member Supporter

I've tried them all and (and keep trying whenever a new one comes out) and they just can't make an instant coffee that tastes like brewed coffee. I don't even think they taste close. Wonder why that is? Wouldn't you think with all the technical advances they could?

4. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Can't stand Trump -- just his picture popping up grosses me out! But, free coffee is free coffee...

I agree with you, Karen -- I have yet to taste an instant ANYTHING that tastes like The Real Thing (pudding, tea, etc.) No matter what, there's just no substitute for taking your time and doing it right.

But instant coffee works well when you're making bread or mocha frosting. :)

Pony!

5. dreadstalker

dreadstalker Well-Known Member

one more item for a cache

6. vegascowgirl

vegascowgirl Try Me

What a great freebie. I guess I'm kind of weird but I go around the internet looking for free samples at least once a week. I try some of them as soon as I get them, but I also save samples of some things and put them in my emergency kit. Things like toothpaste,shampoo, and such are usually the last thing you are thinking of when told to evacuate immediately for storms, forest fires or what have you. So I put samples in a bag under my bathroom sink, to just grab on the run. Drink mixes and energy bars, etc. get put away in an emergency food box..

I know, sounds weird

7. NeHomesteader

NeHomesteader Well-Known Member

Thanks Crafty Diva. I always appreciate the time you take to post the free sites. Dawn

8. Wags

Wags Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the link!

Doesn't sound werid to me at all. I keep an emergency evacuation kit. Started doing that when we moved to fire country. We had a limited evactuation route so time would have been critical. Also kept a kit for our house pets and during fire season their kennels were always in the truck - well the cats was by the front door.

A lot of the stuff in my kits came from freebies I found on the web.

9. vegascowgirl

vegascowgirl Try Me

Thank you. Always wonder if I'm the only one who thinks the way I do. It's good to know I'm not.