free rabbits

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Buffy in Dallas, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Buffy in Dallas

Buffy in Dallas Well-Known Member Supporter

Ok, I still have 10 rabbits to give away. They are californian meat rabbits. 4 adults (3 years old), and 6 kids(4 month olds). Breed, eat or sell them. Just come and get them, please!!! I live in Richardson, just north of Dallas, TX.
    Pm me if your interested.

2. Buffy in Dallas

3. Buffy in Dallas

Gee whiz, ya can't even give stuff away around here! They are beautiful rabbits. Breed well. Great temperments. I just have to lighten the load due to landlord issues. If no one wants them they are going to be released out on our land in the country this weekend.

4. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

I took mine to the farmer's market parking lot. Put them on the tailgate of the truck with a Free sign. It also said if they took them all they could take the box also. I got rid of them within 15 minutes and this was a very tiny market - about 20 booths. Several went individually then a family came and took the rest with the box.

5. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

I know my sis in texas would love them, but they haven't sold their house yet. They are moving to the country and plan on having rabbits. I'm almost afraid to say anything to her. They really don't have room for any more animals where they are.

6. Buffy in Dallas

Thanks Deberosa, good Idea. I think I will try that. :)
    Cyngbaeld, I'm sure when your sis needs some I will be able to help her out! She can pre-order. I just need about 9 weeks notice and she can have all the bunnies she wants. :D

In case any of you are wondering why I just don't stop breeding them, if they stop breeding for very long they don't do very well when they start back up. Small litter size.. infertility and such.

7. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

i would love to have them , however its just too far for me to concieve driving to get them, i can imagine trying to talk hubby into it .... yeah hon , for rabbits, no not goats ...... honestly , though i would love to have them , i can buy them for less than the gas cost to go get them...
    good luck , you could always cook them...
    im a big supporter of cooked bunny :D

8. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Buffy>>>>> I'll take 'em! I'll PM You! (I'm about 2 hours east)