Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this here as well as on the rabbit forum and the barter board--the reason is I think there may be someone who cannot afford some "preps" that might like to get started with meat rabbits. These are healthy and have nothing "wrong" with them. They are from old meat stock and grow very well. I do demand that they go to a good home where someone is going to take care of them. I give away a lot of rabbits as my way of "giving back" to others.

I have some Cals that I saved back for future breeding stock--3 of these are Jr. does and (1) 6/8 doe and (1) 6/8 buck. The 6/8 buck and 6/8 doe are full siblings. These are nice meat stock rabbits and healthy. They just didnt make the cut to stay. These would be perfect for a homesteading person wanting to raise their own meat rabbits.
I AM OFFERING THESE FREE TO ANYONE WHO WOULD GIVE THEM A GOOD HOME....
THEY ARE NOT TO BE BUTCHERED!!! I am attached to them and want them to have a good life with someone that will take care of them. They are not to be picked up for free and then resold. You MUST know what you are doing or willing to listen to my advice (I don't mean to be harsh here..)
All are very friendly and all of them have been handled and shown. They would be good 4-H rabbits, although in my area would not win the big classes.
I will not deliver or ship. There is a Walmart near me that we would meet at.
If you are interested please pm me--I am not on here everyday, so please give me time to respond. You will need 30 x 30 cages--or 24 x 24 minimum temporally for the Jrs. Really hoping to find these sweethearts a great home with someone that will appreciate them.
Note: These made the initial cut out of 80 Jr. rabbits--but didnt make the final cut of 10.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
CT, that is so generous! What a great thing to do, and I can certainly understand why you're so particular. Anyone who would have a problem with your stipulations is probably someone you wouldn't want them to go to anyway.

Wish you were closer, I might just take you up on it. :) I've been wanting to get started with rabbits for a while now. I had about decided not to after seeing how much trouble Bill had keeping his alive in the Oklahoma heat, but I've read a lot of info and think I have enough knowledge now to keep them healthy and happy, so have changed my mind again, lol. But I still need to get some kind of outbuilding up for them, don't even have a garage here.

I hope I'm lucky enough to find someone like you when I'm ready. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Some of my breeding stock went to Florida, and they are doing fine--under an overhang with shade and with fans on them during the day...the people said it has been over 100 degrees most of the summer! Honestly I can't believe they would have survived that...
Here is a picture I posted in the rabbit forum of some of our rabbits (all are multiple BOB winners)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Wish I lived close enough. I'd love to get back into Cals. My girls showed 4-H and a few open shows back in the day, and I raised for a commercial fryer butchering operation for several years until they closed. The pic you posted was absolutely lovely!

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
I seen this on the rabbit board. I would love to have them as everything has busted here all money goes to that. Sigh! We have been looking for rabbits all year but no one is having good luck here with the rabbits. If I lived closer I would give them an amazing home. I'm familiar with rabbits we raised them for many years. Alas your so far away sob. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts