Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to find a free/cheap/shareware 2 dimensional CAD program for doing up electrical drawings for an electrician friend. Does anyone have any recommendations?

(I'm going to ask this same question over on the Computer Questions board as well...)

·
Registered
379 Posts
uuuhh, learn the symbols, buy some graph paper, find some old fart who will explain the concept of pencils, maybe splurge and buy a ruler, spend 4 years as an apprentice so you will know what you are doing...
I don't understand what the problem is that you need some computer program to draw electrical diagrams.

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uuuhh, learn the symbols, buy some graph paper, find some old fart who will explain the concept of pencils, maybe splurge and buy a ruler, spend 4 years as an apprentice so you will know what you are doing...
I don't understand what the problem is that you need some computer program to draw electrical diagrams.
Thank you for your kind and helpful response. I downloaded and tried out a couple of CAD programs, but I found that for the purposes of turning the electrician's penciled notes into clean and clear diagrams, Photoshop works just fine.

-->

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
I want to find a free/cheap/shareware 2 dimensional CAD program for doing up electrical drawings for an electrician friend. Does anyone have any recommendations?

(I'm going to ask this same question over on the Computer Questions board as well...)
I see you answered your own question...
Just becasue it is a free program doesn't mean you can use it..
So you used Photoshop a program you knew...

Looks good....

PS: as a CADD operator / Draftsman I didn't want you or anyone else stealing my job:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
snoozy
nice drawings.I see now why you wanted something to help you. I am a draftsman and an artist and I have Photoshop but the computer is the last tool I reach for with this type of block diagram. Now I gotta ask where is the inverter, charge controller or batteries? Or is this a grid tie system with no storage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts