Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Those are ADORABLE! I've just saved that page so I can make a BUNCH of them for next year's bazaars! thanks for the link!

oh! and there was a popup for prairie boots...holy cow those are attractive. NOT your usual little slipper socks!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wisconsin Ann, I'm not sure you'll be able to copy them after today but I copied them to WordPad and can print them out and send to if you'd like. I also copied the pictures for reference. I think they're so cute and a great way to use up bits of yarn.

I didn't check out the link for the prairie boots but am going to go back and do so.

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
I grabbed the entire page, so I'm set :) Can't you just see a tree with a hundred of those little stockings on it? All in different colors....Some with names emboidered....

I once did a tree for a holiday work party with just lights, and over 150 red and white felt stockings...3 inches high, names on each one in gold paint, and little surprises for everyone in their own stockings. (and a bunch of candycanes all over the tree). It was a HUGE hit. The CEO was wearing his stocking as a lapel pin the next day at work. I about fell over.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I copied the pictures to my computer and can email them to someone to post. I also have the directions if someone wants them.

·
spellcheck is my freind!
647 Posts
Ann I looked at those prairie boots too,,MAN I wish I could knit lol. I'm just starting to teach myself so I'm a long way from making something like that.

Those stockings are adorable. I have to see if I have some red yarn so I can make one or two before Christmas.

·
spellcheck is my freind!
647 Posts
ok I'm having fun with these. I've made two so far, hopefully I'll have time to make a couple more. They'll make great little treat bags. I wanted to post a pictures so you can see what size they are, to me it was hard to tell by their pictures how big they were. I put a quarter there for size.
Hosted on Fotki

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Very very cute! That's it. Gotta get out the crochet hook....maybe. Did they take long? looks like a 'sit down for a TV show and make a couple" type of pattern?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those are so cute. I've started one but these old fingers work slow when it's this cold.

·
spellcheck is my freind!
647 Posts
It took a little over an hour to make one once I had the pattern figured out. Problem is I'm running out of some of my yarn lol,, so if anyone has some extra white hanging around pass it over. :p Oh and is it just me or is that pattern a bit confusing? I think the first one I made took extra time just to read over the pattern and figure out what they were saying.

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
It's confusing, I think. Don't know if maybe it could be simplified some...Sure are cute though :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found the pattern a little confusing. I sometimes have difficulty following a pattern for the first time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts