Free hives near Austin TX

Discussion in 'Beekeeping' started by Cyngbaeld, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

My neighbor's father 'inherited' some hives with the property he bought. He wants them removed. I'd like to have a couple, but could use some help. He says whoever comes gets them can have them. My neighbor says he saw honey 'dripping' out of them and there were 'a bunch of hives' but he is afraid to go close enough to see anymore.

If someone wants to come help me with them, I'd like a couple of hives and you could take the rest.

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Where At near Austin? that covers A large Area.Would the owner be willing to help ,With directions? and A bill of sale?? thanks.

3. Cyngbaeld

James, the owner wants nothing to do with the hives. Not sure about a bill of sale. I'll ask my neighbor exactly where his dad lives, it is pretty close to us tho. We are about 30miles south of Taylor.

4. james dilley

Is there any way to know how many hives there are???and would it be possible to get A photo of them??? Its About 6-7 hrs up there and I would need to know how many there are and if they have more than 1 hive body or super.

5. chines

chines New Member

Hi, I would be interested in some hives and just sent you a PM with my contact info.
    Thanks.

6. james dilley

Youight want to post them on Bee source .com Its A good place to list Bee related items

7. Firethorn

Firethorn Well-Known Member

I sure would love to get ahold of a hive or two. How many are available?

8. beeman202

beeman202 New Member

I'm in San Antonio and can help with those hives. Send me an email on how to get ahold of you and we can set up a time to take a look at them.

9. lewbest

lewbest Well-Known Member

Hi

Just found this thread; if any still available I'm definitely interested! bee_keeper@earthlink.net is my email addy if you prefer to reply privately.

Thanks!

Lew Best in Waco

10. Cyngbaeld

Sorry to leave this thread dangling. I didn't think to refresh it and didn't realize there were more replies.

I need to run up and look at the hives in the next couple of days. Will get back to all responders ASAP.
    Thanks
    Kim

11. lewbest

lewbest Well-Known Member

Thanks

I have truck & also a trailer; can handle a few or quite a few! have 5 hives now & would like more if available.

Lew in Waco