free goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by JoyKelley, Dec 29, 2005.

1. JoyKelley

JoyKelley Well-Known Member

I have 3, 14 month old nubian boar cross weathers ( brothers ) that have been raised as pets, They don't butt humans. Their feet have been taken good care of since babies. ( (I even had the vet neuter them ) They are fat & healthy. I have always given them feed with ammonium cloride so no urinary calculi problems. I just don't want them eaten and I know if I can't find them a good home as pets or brush eaters that is what is going to happen to them. With the death of my husband my life has changed and I need to pare down on the animals.

Does any one want them ( I live in Fort Myers Florida ) or can anyone suggest an option for them

thanks

Joy

2. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I wish I could take them! I live in Florida, and I am pretty sure that my parents would drive me there, the only problem is is that my parents don't want wethers, I am SO sorry that i can't help. Maybe I could ask around, I will try to think if I know of anyone that would like two goats, I think that I COULD possibly try to talk my grandparents into it, I just don't know, I will try though. Do they have horns? If my grand[arents DID take them they would probly go with the cows, and I would like fo r them to be able to protect themselsves. I will try to talk my grandparents into it. Good Luck with them, bye.

3. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

I hope that you are able to find them a good home. Wethers make wonderful pets.

4. JoyKelley

goat freak, they do have horns and have lived with a horse, mule and donkey so they are used to large animals. thanks for the help, I will keep my fingers crossed you can convince your g-parents

5. Goat Freak

Yeah, my dad has been joking with them that they need to get some goats for a while now. Also my grandparents feed there cows bread, I don't think that the goats would be allowed to have any of the bread, due to the cows being stingey, but would it hurt them if they did have some, also my grandparents live on about 10 acres of land and 20 acres of swamp, so they would have PLENTY of grass to eat. There is also one more problem, how far away is Fort myers, I know that my grandparents would probly NOT want to drive there if it is too far away, and I don't know i I could convince my parents. I will ask them next time I see them though, should be sometime this week if I ask my mom, or get one of my little sisters to do so. I will keep you informed of their decision. Good Luck, bye.

6. JoyKelley

I map quested Hudson Florida, there are 2 of them. If you are the hudson florida around tampa, I will bring you the goats. If you are the hudson florida in the panhandle, maybe we can meet half way

7. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

Goats can have bread. Just not alot at once.

8. Goat Freak

O.K. We are in Hudson near tampa, so I quess that I that I have to do now is ask if they want them, I don't think that it will be TOO hard, maybe but i don't see how it would be a problem, they wouldn't need grain or anything with all the grass there is. Ohh i just realized something, if my grandparents won't take them I can ask my cousins if their grandma would like them, they are vegitarians and she already has horses, so that would work nice. i will ask around, bye.