Homesteading Forum banner

Free eBook: How to Earn Extra Money in the Country

14K views 82 replies 65 participants last post by  brettmathews 
#1 ·
I make this offer from time to time for newbies.

About eight years ago I was approached by a major book publisher about authoring a book on this subject. However, by the time I got enough together for initial review the editor who had requested it was gone and they no longer had an interest. I finished it and self-published. Sold OK, but advertising and limited-run production cost did not make it worth pursuing further in hard copy.

Forum members can request a free copy by contacting me at scharabo@aol.com (do not private mail me for a copy). It will be provided an an e-mail attachment. However, it is a very large file (about a 230 page book) and most of the free e-mail services, such as hotmail, or limited access ones, such as webtv, cannot handle it. Members with those type services will need to find another e-mail addy to have it sent to. From there it can be downloaded to a diskette.

And, as always, it comes with a double your money back guarantee if not fully satisfied.

Ken Scharabok (aka Ken S. in WC TN)

#3 ·
Ken just sent me this, I've spent the last 2 hours looking it over. Great stuff!

Ken-

Two items I haven't seen yet in what I've read, maybe I've overlooked:
Aquarium maintenance - for individuals or businesses (Dr Office, Chinese restaurant)
Pet sitting/walking / plant watering / mail taking-in - general house sitting

John

#11 ·

I happily spent many hours reading Ken's book last night, and will read more today.

It's a great book with much useful information. Ken sure put a lot of hard work into this, and it's very kind of him to share his knowledge with all of us.

THANK YOU KEN!

Much appreciated,

Ozarkguy

#12 ·
Thanks again Ken. I recieved my copy this morning, burned it on a CD this time. I wont lose my copy when this hard drive fails.

#15 ·
Doc:

I have only heard back from two I remember. Both tried the same thing and both said they were doing OK, and expected to do better. Both had gone into the side business of releasing white doves at weddings and other special events.

One thing I cite in the book is Successful Farming at one time sponsored conferences on diversification projects. In one follow-up they did, they found for each activity in which someone had reported a total failure, someone else had reported a success.

Ken S. in WC TN

G
#18 ·
I've just requested my copy from Ken. I'm currently working in PA, with my family in WV. Of course the only reason I'm not there with them full time is that I have a well paying job and there is very little in the way of income up in the hills. As soon as the cabin is done and the constructon costs go away, I believe that if I can find some way of sustaining my family, it will make sense to quit. I've got about 40 acres, and even though much of that is standing on it's side, there is more than enough room for gardens and livestock. With a lot of luck and research on what we're trying to accomplish, I still can't make all of the bills go away, so I'm hoping for some ideas on how to make that income...

I never thought a piece of heaven would be so much work!

papabear

#19 ·
Ken,

I am always looking for ways to earn extra cash off the farm but not spread too thin (one or two profitable projects will do). Releasing doves is a sweet idea (assuming they return!!). I'd like to see your suggestions, but I'm not sure my computer can hold the file.

Is there a partial listing of your suggestions on this forum or elsewhere on the web where I could take a look?

If not, how do I send my email address to you? Thanks.

#25 ·
Case- it's a .doc, right around 1 MB.

I converted it to a PDF and it got a little bigger, 1200 K.

My version of Word pages it out to 207 pages. All text.

-John
If it's only 1mb Hotmail should handle it no problem. I get 10 mb files to my hotmail address now and then. Unfortunately it takes a while to download with my dialup!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.