Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story but about 15 years ago I was approached by a well-known NYC publisher about submitting a book on this subject. By the time I had enough possible ideas together to submit an sample, the editor who had contacted me was no longer with them and her replacement had no interest in the project. I tried self-publishing but advertising cost were a deal killer.

I still dabble at it and will send a free copy upon request to [email protected] (do not, repeat do not, send a PM).

It will come as an attachment to an e-Mail.

It isn't a 'how-to' as much as idea suggesting.

·
Once I was seven years old
3,046 Posts
Hah! Ken, I was just scanning through my copy that you sent me about 7 - 8 years ago (??), when I was just dreaming of moving back to the country. Lots of good ideas in the ebook, for anyone interested.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Ken

Thanks for my copy of your book! I told my husband about it and he suggested that we here on the HT forum could send you a few dollars each for preordered copies and then maybe you could get it published that way. We'd be willing to do that. Its a very good book! I believe it will be more necessary in the coming times too!

Valorie

·
Registered
190 Posts
I received Ken's book about 8 years ago and it was full of great ideas.

Ken, ebooks are such a big seller for so many internet marketers now, especially the how-to kind, I would think you could market it as such. People pay $20 and up for a lot less information.

·
Once I was seven years old
3,046 Posts
I'm like others here in thinking you could make some passive income with this ebook. Have you updated it recently? You could make a ebook cover, something like this, I was just playing around:

I've also converted my copy to PDF so the categories are bookmarked and easy to find. Doesn't take but a few minutes to convert. Just something to think about?? I'm just saying...LOL

·
Just living Life
8,280 Posts
Ken.. you can now self publish. I have a friend who does it with her books and she is doing well. Sells them on Amazon.
Might want to talk to her.
http://www.psychokittyspeaksout.com/

My favorite blank stock book folks is Blurb if you have lots of photos, they have an easy designer you can down load and then you have CafePress for mostly written books.
Lots of options out there.

Wish I could make money in the Country but sadly we have had to put our place up for sale and have no idea where we will end up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ken, received your book this morning thankyou very much! That was about as fast of a delivery as one can get! :clap:

I have glanced through it so far but plan to read more when things settle down here abit later (Holidays & all)

It seems rather comprehensive and I can well imagine all the research & time that went into it!

Thankyou again & Happy Holidays to you & Yours!

Sincerely.

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ken, thank you very much for sending out the book so quickly. At first glance this looks like a very good read. Thanks again,Art

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just found this site called clickbank. It seems like the perfect thing for someone smart enough to write down their stories or information.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts