Free 1Yr TV Guide (hurry goes fast)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by CraftyDiva, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Neville Aponte

Neville Aponte Active Member

2. Lolly-Dolly

Lolly-Dolly Well-Known Member

hiya, thanks for posting this... I've gotten outdoor life and field and stream from this place before, there is no credit card required, and they don't hassle you... it's somehow "sponsor paid". at the end of the one year subscription you do get a renewal notice in the mail, after the year is up. you can simply write cancel, or no thanks or whatever on it and send it back.

3. cathyharrell

cathyharrell Well-Known Member

4. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

No catch. Magazines charge for ad space by the number of subscribers, more subcribers the higher the ad space costs. So magazines will give away free subscriptions to pad the numbers, Believe me, with what they charge for ad space they ain't losing any money doing this.

5. Neville Aponte

Neville Aponte Active Member

I guess I waited too long.

6. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

The link wouldn't work for me. Did I get there too late?

7. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

Free tv listings without killing a tree: http://tv.yahoo.com/

You dont have to sign up or login despite their prompts. Just choose your preferences and up come the listings. Now bookmark this page. Next time your bookmark will take you to your local listings. I have the free adblocker extension on firefox so now I dont even have to load or look at ads when I peruse the listings. I was using another tv listings website, but yahoo minus the ads is much faster to load.

I dont subscribe to any magazines or newspapers anymore. Countryside was the last and when it ran out, that was it. Internet has plenty of info and entertainment for free.