Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Windy Island Acres
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Foxglove reseed itself? As a biennial, does it only bloom one season? How long does the seed last?

Ok Ok you might feel like this is a quiz, but actually I just got 6000 seeds (yep 6K) on ebay for $1.45 and except for the fact that they are pretty and grow in shade, I know nothing about their care and growing habits. Not planning to go into the heart medicine business, but at that price.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes foxglove reseeds itself. Not all foxglove are biannual. Best to plant some this year then plant some the next year and that will keep you in foxglove year round. It will sprout every other year. They spread :eek: so keep that in mind. As far as seeds longevity depends on conditions of how hanlde. In ideal conditions have seen them last up to 3 years, personally.
Foxglove are wild around here and some people consider them weeds :no: . I like them and now that my kids are old enough to not eat them I can have them :D .

Kathy

·
Windy Island Acres
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh boy! That was 16000 not 6000 seeds. Guess whats gonna be in the round-robin next time :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts