1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice happy thoughts video of the day. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46MEqEgdLTg[/ame]

For those without Highspeed....

He says, No more consumer Christmas, Heck it's only 100 years that it's been this way. Food will be more important than gadget gifts and the retailers are gonna be blind sided.

Food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts, and job marches.
The coming collapse goes MSM...

·
Banned
1,627 Posts
I think he said what many of us have been saying, but he pushed the date back to 2012, I look for 2010 for the tax revolts and job marches.

·
Banned
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think he said what many of us have been saying, but he pushed the date back to 2012, I look for 2010 for the tax revolts and job marches.
I figure he means that it will be done by 2012... So your 2010 time frame would fit in nicely.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Did a little bit of research on here about this Celente guy....I would normally say that the dude is a crackpot as well, except he has been right so many times on this economic mess. You do not have to believe every detail of what he says, but you at least have to weigh what he is saying from a broad view and put some stock in it based on his previous predictions. Good post Stanb999!

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
. . ."Lunatic fringe" . . .

Never heard that ..................

That couldn't possibly be said about Anybody on HT . . . .!!!

We all is just folks.........

But I'm not sure about the rest of the world . . . they is stinkin nuts . . . . .

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Where are we now that even mainstream media is saying these things?

Suddenly I'm not so far out on the lunatic fringe anymore.
I feel so... so... Common. Ugh.

Just like that great Marxist, Groucho use to say... I wouldn't join any club that'd have me for a member.

I may have to start wearing my climbing knickers and a 'twit' hat again....:D

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
The consumer Christmas has only been a tradition for 100 years?

Curiousity - - when, why, and who started it? Well, nevermind the why. The when has already been answered. I guess that leaves the who?

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
100 years for city people maybe. My mom was born in 1921 out here in the country and she would always talk about her christmas gifts would be a bag of candy and hopefully a new pair of shoes. That was it! What would people think today if that was all they woke up to for Christmas.

·
God Smacked Jesus Freak
7,456 Posts
I just have to say that Ernie, seedspreader and texican all have great-lookin beards!!!! :D

we're giving my sister/family a cord of wood for christmas. beyond that we'll cook up a bunch of food together--that's always been my best gift anyways.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
There's a documentary about the history of Christmas that runs on the History Channel. For non-Catholics, Christmas became a holiday for the mainstream in the late 1800's and was basically invented by department stores. (For Catholics, Christmas has been the Solemnity of the Birth of Christ for a few centuries).

If you're of the mindset that the Pilgrims founded America, it should be noted that Christmas was one of their major beefs with the COE, and they adamantly refused to acknowledge or celebrate it any way whatsoever. Christmas was forbidden in Massachusetts for a long time. In Virginia however, it was celebrated as it was in England - which was basically Mardi Gras in December.

In my family (Catholic), Christmas has been celebrated as two holidays at once - first the religious, and the social which was mostly about the whole big family getting together. Various age groups did this in different ways, but the only real gift giving was to children. Gifts between adults tended to be homemade or non-tangible. It was a sort of a big deal when you stopped getting presents and instead shared a bottle of wine or three with your cousins (and your way too cool Great-Uncles). Spending too much money on Christmas was considered vulgar and snobbish and would get you a tongue-lashing from my grandmother. We never say any conflict between the two celebrations, because to our minds they were two seperate things.

To this day, I've never understood people going into hock for Christmas.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
We've always kept Christmas pretty simple. Lots of good food, Christmas music on the radio, and mainly only the small kids get more than one or two gifts. I send homemade food to family and friends, and take gift bags of baked goodies to the neighbors. We've tried hard to keep our kids focused on the Jesus part of Christmas and not on how many boxes are under the tree. I've even explained that Jesus probably wasn't born on December 25th, but we've picked that day to celebrate his birth anyway.

So we'll be in style this Christmas? I hardly know how to act! This is so unexpected!

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
I just have to say that Ernie, seedspreader and texican all have great-lookin beards!!!! :D

we're giving my sister/family a cord of wood for christmas. beyond that we'll cook up a bunch of food together--that's always been my best gift anyways.
We don't really celebrate Christmas around here. It's not a biblical holiday. We do a few things, such as spend time with family around Christmas, but we don't buy a lot of gifts or anything. We generally buy a board game or something for the boys and cook a series of good meals that everyone enjoys. It's a fun time. :)

Thanks for the beard compliment. I've been coveting Texican's beard for awhile, but mine own grew out to hillbilly length and no further. I can't seem to get to the biblical prophet stage I'm going for! I initially grew a beard years ago to cover up some scar tissue along my jawline, but discovered I really liked having one. Good thing too, because it never effectively covered up the scar.

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
We don't really celebrate Christmas around here. It's not a biblical holiday. We do a few things, such as spend time with family around Christmas, but we don't buy a lot of gifts or anything. We generally buy a board game or something for the boys and cook a series of good meals that everyone enjoys. It's a fun time. :)
LOL, can't help myself. What I am going to tell you, I don't tell you so that you will or won't celebrate Christmas, but just so you have a good balanced Biblical approach to holidays and celebration and the Christian.

I won't mention which holiday it is (yet) but Jesus attended a religious jewish holiday that was not given in the Old Testament as an actual biblical holiday.

The WAY christmas is celebrated is something to take issue with (IMO) but celebrating a holiday (or not celebrating a holiday) because it's in the bible (or not in the bible) is purely a choice of the christian (and I know you didn't say anything contrary to that).

God has given us his biblical principles in the Bible that should allow us to figure out what holidays honor him and which don't and what types of celebrations do and don't.

Now... BACK TO THE REVOLUTION!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts