Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone in here have experience using a mini excavator to dig out their existing foundation? I have some bowing in my block wall and water damage. planning to rent machine Wednesday of this week and dig out about 60' of foundation 11 cement block courses high. Have house jacked up slightly to relieve pressure. once dirt is moved I am hoping to be able to push out (?) block walls 1-3/4" to make them straight again. remove some upper blocks and insert rebar and concrete mix to strengthen. grind out bad mortar joints and tuck point. worst case the wall needs to be removed and I will reblock it. anyone done this type of work....nervous about what I am in for. never used mini excavator (7-1/2' digging depth and only 3800 lbs) curious if it is going to be as fast a process as I hope it will be. inputs, suggestions, etc. form anyone that has experience would be greatly appreciated. I have built many homes and lots of remodeling work but only blocked 1 wall in my lifetime. Never used machinery to dig out/etc. like this either just don't want to overlook anything. also putting in 48" x 50" window well with 30 x 40 egress window. no real q's about putting that in but figured I would throw that info out there. bought fibered foundation coating to apply to exterior walls when completed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts