Found me a family cow

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by allenslabs, Feb 12, 2005.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

I found me a cow. She's a jers/hols cross and will be 1 feb 23. Seems very friendly. She came from across a field today just so I could pet her. She has been family raised by some amish. Her mom is their family cow and they raise a calf a yr and she's from last year. Gonna get her next weekend as he's on vacation this week. So excited had to let someone know!

2. Dreams30

Dreams30 Lady Rider

AWESOME!!

I know how hard it is to find a good family cow.

Enjoy!

3. myersfarm

myersfarm Dariy Calf Raiser

nice to hear you been having so much good luck........please play the lottery so when you get RICH ........i can buy the 1 year old milk cow...LOTS OF LUCK

4. willow_girl

willow_girl Very Dairy

Congrats!!! I've really liked the J/H crosses I've seen. Often you get really good production on a smaller-framed cow.

I think there is something to be said for hybrid vigor, too!

5. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Brought my girl home tonight and named her Sarah. She is cute. She hadn't had a halter on in a WHILE and didn't do too bad. I was able to lead her to the barn with that and a bucket of grain. I brushed her a bit and got her used to it! And boy did we break her in.... we were all out there. My husband and the three kids running around I'm sure were something to her! HAHA!! Just so excited to have her home!