Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to do the milking and found my 3 mo old Alpine wether with his head stuck.
DH had built me the milk stand from Fiasco Farm...
Well, the little guy put his head in from the front side of the milk stand, UNDER where the bucket hangs. Hope that is understandable... He put his head in the bottom of the V that the stand makes when the head gate is open, under the 2x4 cross piece, towards the side of the milk stand that the goats stand on. He barely had enough room to stand on, well, on his front knees, with his back legs barely on the stand. Had to take the stand apart to get him out.
:rolleyes:
Good thing DH had put a screw/washer in there, or it could have been tedious. Wish I had thought to take a picture, but I was *sorta* panicked when I couldnt get his head out. Couldnt have been there more than an hour, but it still freaked me out!
So, lesson learned, ALWAYS close & lock the head gate, just in case.

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,668 Posts
If there's a way to get stuck; even if there ISN'T, a goat will do it! Glad you found the li'l guy in time.

NeHi

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no kidding! these guys are too smart for me! I was latching the head gate, found it unlatched. So, started closing the main gate to the pen area, they got that open!
I have since decided that goats are just 2 year old people in disguise!
:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.