forum suggestion

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by jackie c, Nov 6, 2004.

1. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

It seems like there are alot of people just starting out in the country, and building their dreams. Some have money, some (like me) not much.
    I would like to suggest a forum for building things, especially with 'found' or 'free' materials, or alternatives?

This forum could include every thing from coops, smokers, barns, fences, feeders,etc,etc,etc. All of you experienced homesteaders know the list is endless. With a few basic skills in carpentry and/or metal work, much can be made with what others toss out.
    Anyone else like this idea or am I way off base?

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    This consept is very much up my alley in that there is nothing I like to do better than beat the system to save cash. I have built fence streaching clamps, post puller for wood and steel, B B Q's from propane tanks, ect. There just may not be enough volume to warrant a new forum, in the meantime the shop talk forum welcomes these type posts.

3. Countrybumpkin

Countrybumpkin Well-Known Member

I for one think the idea has merit...there are a lot of us 'tinkerers' who have found a 'better way' to do things...LOL...get all of us together, and that forum would be buzzing!

4. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

....................The , first POst should be.......How to Obtain a Patent\Copyright , Before posting your idea on a website . We , could make Rube Goldberg Derr "Governator" of the Forum..........fordy..... :eek: :)