Homesteading Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
23,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it is time for our third quilt already. Tallpines (Diane) sent a very nice country-looking print for this quilt. We have thirty pieces to work with this time.

For those who are new here is how it works:

Our goal each year is to have 4 Forum Quilts.

January, April, July, October will be sign up months and sending out the fabric. Sign up will occur around the 15th of the month.

February, May, August, November will be the months for doing your square and mailing it back.

Winners will be chosen around the 15th of the month in March, June, September and December.

When you sign up, I will mail you a piece of fabric. Using this fabric and any other fabric you choose, make a block with a finished size of 12 1/2 inches. Make sure all fabric you use has been washed and dried to prevent shrinkage. Please do not use fabric softener.

After you complete the block, mail it back to me so it arrives on or before September 15th. I will pick a winner on September 15th from all the blocks I have received. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! You should plan to mail your block at least 10 days before the deadline.

After you sign up, please send me a private message with your address. If you have participated in a recent quilt and your address is the same, you do not need to send me your address. Also make sure I have your current address, sometimes people move between participating in the quilts.

When I send the fabric, I will send an information sheet that you can fill out about yourself and attach to your block with a safety pin or stapling works well also. If you want to send a contribution for postage that would be deeply appreciated.

Sign up is for this quilt only, you will have to sign up again for future quilts.

Winner is selected at random. All participants names are placed in a hat and one winner is chosen. If you win... You will receive all the blocks that were sent in for this quilt, along with a yard of fabric to use in your quilt. You are then responsible for purchasing fabric for the next quilt. You will need to wash the fabric, cut at least 25 blocks and send them, plus one additional yard of the fabric, to me before the 7th of October. I will not send the blocks to you until I receive the new fabric.

Sign-up is for registered forum members on the 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th. Starting on the 20th we will allow you to sign up for your children. Also starting on the 20th if for some reason you were unable to complete a past quilt block, you will once again be allowed to participate. Please only sign up and commit if you are willing to complete a block and return it before the deadline.

OK, let's get started! I will start mailing out fabric on Friday,July 20th and will continue mailing until it is all gone. Please let me know if you do not receive your fabric by the end of the month. There may be extra that can be resent. If you have any questions, please post them here and someone can help you.

·
Joy
2,569 Posts
Make me #3!!

-Joy

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Make that #10. MizMary and I must have pressed "send" at the same time I'm so glad I didn't miss the sign up.
Thanks Melissa.

prairiegirl

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'd LOVE to join in! I'd be #12.

Great Idea. :)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Sign me up!!

Alice in Virginia