Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know that one day this week we are moving the forum to Cloud based servers.

So, one day this week the forum will be on read only status for hours up to all day.

During this time, you will not be able to post on the forum.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
How much of each users information will be stored one the very unreliable and notably unsafe cloud servers?
I don't publish my name or email address on the forum, will any of my (or anyone's) information be stored on the cloud server?

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't have it on the site, it won't be stored on the new server/s.

·
Super Moderator
13,673 Posts
Cloud server storage has been around since the late 1950s and began being tweaked for use with the public access net and world wide web about 25 years ago.

Any of us who have used photo bucket have in a sense used cloud aspect in a small way as a user and any of us who have participated in user interactive sites as some of the NASA sites and such have had our free disk space used as temp storage of virtual super computer applications as part of the use agreements sort of had a small part in the provider side of the cloud concept .

Closer to home , all participants of a forum primarily store their thoughts, knowledge and opinions on threads on somebody else's site on somebody else's server . As long as we have all posted on HT we have been launching our intellectual data into the ether now referred to as the cloud as some called it 65 years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts