Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
31,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Melissa Wood, the veteran’s wife, said that there would be an entirely different response had there been a similar assignment for Christianity. The assignment was three pages long and included questions such as, “How did Muslim conquerors treat those they conquered,” with the correct answer of “With tolerance, kindness and respect.”

http://www.wallstreetotc.com/no-trespassing-order-parent-over-daughter-islam-lesson/211606/

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Your title of this thread is a bit misleading.
Even your quoted text, yes that is stated in the article, but you intentionally left out the detail of the father making a threat to the vice principal.

I agree with the father, but I'm not going to condone making any threats against school officials.

Thanks for the drama.

·
Registered
31,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am glad you are satisfied with the responsiveness of your public schools and your experiences, but not everyone is.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Your title of this thread is a bit misleading.
Even your quoted text, yes that is stated in the article, but you intentionally left out the detail of the father making a threat to the vice principal.

I agree with the father, but I'm not going to condone making any threats against school officials.

Thanks for the drama.
Why not ? Some these woosefied people precive anything other than their own ideas as a threat . And as to school officials whats makes them so special a lot of them are just liberal pawns with backing of the guns of the Gov.

So in a so called free country one is supposed to just sit still and say nothing while a school indoctrinates their child with no recourse other than paying taxes . This whole country was started on threats and rebellion . In this day not many have the guts to buck the dictators of the Gov. ran school system.

Buddy of mine told me a good school teacher story about one of his teachers that gave him a good licking his senior year in high school in front of the class . Said this teachers main thing was to show everyone his authority . Buddy said he told that teacher his turn would come ,yep a precived threat . Well buddy says about a year later he sees this teacher at a gas station with a bunch standing around .Said he drove up got out of his car and said you remember whipping in fount of the class ,teacher said yes . Buddy said well today is your day :thumb: Told me it was worth ever penny it cost him and the ten days in jail :D Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do . :hammer:

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,914 Posts
It's up to the community now. Will there be a packed house at the next school board meeting? Will the school get calls, letters and visits from other parents?

Banning him was over the top, IMO. The article says it was a phone conversation, so it's not like he got in the principal's face. He was upset, he maybe said some things he shouldn't have. Sticks and stones. Everybody should get one chance to calm down and try again. Especially a marine, the principal should be able to grasp why a veteran who served in the middle east would have a perspective that is different from what they put in their curriculum.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Whether or not I am happy with schools responsiveness or not has nothing to do with it.
Like I mentioned, I agree with the father being upset, but threatening the vp is grounds for being banned from school property.
Same as if you make threats against any authority figure anywhere, you will not be welcome there anymore, be it a school, a business, or even my house.
And what does the guys military experience have anything to do with it other than being used to stir emotions and add drama?
Much like the Ferguson, MO shooting, a guy got shot by a cop, but everyone had to title him as an "Unarmed, BLACK, teen". His skin color and age had nothing to do with it, but by reporting those facts stirred emotion.
Say someone were to mug me, it would be accurate to say "disabled man of German descent was mugged", but what would my heritage actually have anything to do with it?

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,166 Posts
Just what do those that are upset about this school lesson object to?

They are not teaching someone to be Muslim. They are teaching about some of what being Muslim is. That is what school is supposed to do. Educate us.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Just what do those that are upset about this school lesson object to?

They are not teaching someone to be Muslim. They are teaching about some of what being Muslim is. That is what school is supposed to do. Educate us.
If the answers in the first post were the so called correct only accepted ones then it is not teaching but indoctrination :hammer: Quote with the correct answer of “With tolerance, kindness and respect.”

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,166 Posts
If the answers in the first post were the so called correct only accepted ones then it is not teaching but indoctrination :hammer: Quote with the correct answer of “With tolerance, kindness and respect.”
Have you read the entire assignment? Do you know what the question was pertaining to?

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Whether or not I am happy with schools responsiveness or not has nothing to do with it.
Like I mentioned, I agree with the father being upset, but threatening the vp is grounds for being banned from school property.
Same as if you make threats against any authority figure anywhere, you will not be welcome there anymore, be it a school, a business, or even my house.
And what does the guys military experience have anything to do with it other than being used to stir emotions and add drama?
Much like the Ferguson, MO shooting, a guy got shot by a cop, but everyone had to title him as an "Unarmed, BLACK, teen". His skin color and age had nothing to do with it, but by reporting those facts stirred emotion.
Say someone were to mug me, it would be accurate to say "disabled man of German descent was mugged", but what would my heritage actually have anything to do with it?
Again prove the threat :sing:

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I have no responsibility to prove a threat. I'm not the one reporting the incident. The article stated a threat was made. Considering the article was written to conjure emotion against the school in defense of the father, I only assume that there was a threat of some sort made or the author of the article would not have mentioned it.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,166 Posts
For those that like to jump on board bashing before they actually do the homework, here is some information to read and educate yourself about what really was being taught.

The actual text book that the lesson is from. This is a history lesson, not an indoctrination to a religion.

http://www.mysocialstudiesteacher.com/wiki/classroom/textbooks/Chapter 10 - Islam.pdf

Flash cards for the lesson.

http://quizlet.com/33059814/world-history-chapter-10-flash-cards/

Please note that this textbook is used in most of the high schools in the US

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
I have no responsibility to prove a threat. I'm not the one reporting the incident. The article stated a threat was made. Considering the article was written to conjure emotion against the school in defense of the father, I only assume that there was a threat of some sort made or the author of the article would not have mentioned it.
I beg to differ .:sing: Not only you but no one seams to have a responsibility to prove a threat The article said (the school said Wood threatened them, causing his ban from school property.) I never knew a school could talk :hammer: And again Asked what Wood threatened, Ms. Simpson replied, “He has a specific word for it I am not going to repeat it. We’re just saying he threatened to cause a disruption.”

They are just saying = no proof = Lie in my book :thumb:

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,166 Posts
I beg to differ .:sing: Not only you but no one seams to have a responsibility to prove a threat The article said (the school said Wood threatened them, causing his ban from school property.) I never knew a school could talk :hammer: And again Asked what Wood threatened, Ms. Simpson replied, “He has a specific word for it I am not going to repeat it. We’re just saying he threatened to cause a disruption.”

They are just saying = no proof = Lie in my book :thumb:
Schools are responsible for the safety of the students. You would be screaming bloody murder if he did something violent in the school and they had not done anything.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,914 Posts
For those that like to jump on board bashing before they actually do the homework, here is some information to read and educate yourself about what really was being taught.

The actual text book that the lesson is from. This is a history lesson, not an indoctrination to a religion.

http://www.mysocialstudiesteacher.com/wiki/classroom/textbooks/Chapter 10 - Islam.pdf

Flash cards for the lesson.

http://quizlet.com/33059814/world-history-chapter-10-flash-cards/

Please note that this textbook is used in most of the high schools in the US
So you are assuming that high school was using this material?

The 2nd link was well beyond "flash cards". It started with the definition of some terms, simple enough. But then went on...and on and on. Had to be over 3000 words. If the curriculum delves into all the religions of the world in this much detail, there won't be enough time in the school year to teach anything else in "world history". Might as well rename the class.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Schools are responsible for lessons being accurate. This was not. They either teach all religions or none, equally and fairly. They don't. It's the in thing to teach kids how good the muslim religion is. It embraces violence and always has, but many want it whitewashed. And many people believe what they hear, instead of doing research. This whole thing should not have happened, and unless we stand up to what is wrong, we are domed.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,166 Posts
So you are assuming that high school was using this material?

The 2nd link was well beyond "flash cards". It started with the definition of some terms, simple enough. But then went on...and on and on. Had to be over 3000 words. If the curriculum delves into all the religions of the world in this much detail, there won't be enough time in the school year to teach anything else in "world history". Might as well rename the class.
Yes, they were using this textbook. The answers are directly out of it.

World History Chapter 10, used in schools across the nation.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts