Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The continental US and Canada is all included on planting zone maps which are numbered from north to south.. Curiosity makes me ask if the other countrys that are home to many of the posters here have something on the same order there. Also I wonder what the zones numbers are in your country? Sorry, but Texas is a state. Not a whole nuther country.

·
Premium Member
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank each of you for your replys. Spent a good bit of time looking at your maps. The lack of proper rainfall during the growing season can ruin the possibility of raising a good crop, even in areas with the proper temps. That's the problem here in most of our western states. Also a big issue in Australia I gather.
Henk, I assume dry summers isn't a problem in Holland. Sounds like your country could benifit by a huge soil swap. The 3 types you listed could make productive soil if you could find a way to mix them together. Glad to hear from other countries to compare the methods of living and growing things there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.