Ford Truck Site

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by mikell, Aug 16, 2004.

1. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............If you need to know about anything FORD ...that is the place TOO go. Lots of very bright folks over ...There . ...fordy... :eek: :)

3. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

Well finally have the truck running better but not right. Seems I have to have platnum plugs to run right and different plugs on either side too boot. The guys at the Ford site helped greatly to get back to where I started from anyway.

mikell

4. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Im not sure about the plugs.But if your talking about a new model which i think you are.You need to stay with factor plug wires when you replace them.My dad found that out recently.He replaced them with fat high dollar wires only to have it miss slightly do to it leaking voltage threw the wires.He had to replace them with the little factory wires.They also can not be anywhere near any metal or they ground out and it misses.Pain in the rear end literally.

5. Kathryn L.Holck

Kathryn L.Holck Active Member

A neighbor has an old Ford in his grove with junk in the back. It is a 2-tone white with blue and looks like a 70's model. Is it worth fixing up if he is willing to sell?

6. Hogsubie

Hogsubie Well-Known Member

Well, that would depend on a few things. First, do you like the truck/styling etc... Second, how much would he be willing to sell it for. Lastly, in what condition is this truck in. Another thing to think about is that trucks of any vintage (few exceptions) just aren't worth much restored or not. What I'm saying is, you'll probably be able to find a truck that someone has restored or has started restoring, who's selling for several thousands less than what it may cost you to restore your neighbors truck.

7. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...................Kathryn , it all depends !! Parts for these old trucks are Expensive , especially body parts . If, your expectations aren't too high it might be worth looking into . Is it drivable, what kind of shape was the motor in when parked??? Maybe the clutch went out and he just didn't want to put any more money into it . It would be worth interviewing the guy just to see what he says about it's condition . ....fordy... :eek: :)