Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own a Ford? From 1992-2004, they are recalling.

Says Ford cannot be confident that the Speed Control Deactivation Switch will not leak, posing the risk of an underhood fire.

Terriffic!! Since we've owned our Ford four years now. Wonder why it takes them so long to figure out these recalls since they go back to 92.

We will bringing ours in next week. :grump: I hate the dealer we go to.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
FiddleKat said:
Anyone own a Ford? From 1992-2004, they are recalling.

Says Ford cannot be confident that the Speed Control Deactivation Switch will not leak, posing the risk of an underhood fire.

Terriffic!! Since we've owned our Ford four years now. Wonder why it takes them so long to figure out these recalls since they go back to 92.

We will bringing ours in next week. :grump: I hate the dealer we go to.

Is this all Fords or certain model? Hubby has a Ford Ranger pickup.

sgg-Jan

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know its all Fords. We have an E-150 van.

If you have speed control on his truck, then he should be getting a notice.

It's Recall 05S28

·
Registered
698 Posts
We got a notice yesterday about the same issue. Ours is a 93 fullsize van with 230k on it. I'm not gonna worry about it. I figure if it made it this far it'll break down of something else far more serious long before that thing blows up! Besides the autopilot has long since quit working, so that little gizmo doesn't matter anyway. I'm more worried about blowouts and brakes and steering failures!

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
RosewoodfarmVA said:
We got a notice yesterday about the same issue. Ours is a 93 fullsize van with 230k on it. I'm not gonna worry about it. I figure if it made it this far it'll break down of something else far more serious long before that thing blows up! Besides the autopilot has long since quit working, so that little gizmo doesn't matter anyway. I'm more worried about blowouts and brakes and steering failures!
I WOULD worry about it. We had a customers pickup that was a 92 model, with a gazillion miles on it, burn to the ground right in front of our shop because of this gizmo and it was only 6 mths or so ago!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.