Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.............My 2011 F150 3\36 warranty will expire in March-2015 ! So , I'm considering an extended warranty but I've read so many accounts of "Coverage Denied" on the internet that I have my doubts about the veracity of Ford's willingness to pay for the repairs via their extended warranty .
..............I'd like to hear from anyone who has purchased a FORD extended warranty and IF you filed a claim how did they treat you and did they actually pay the claim ? , thanks , fordy

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
The only time I've gotten an extended warranty it was provided for free with the car (this was in the 80's and they were trying to promote them). The head gasket blew after the normal warranty was up and the Ford dealership did the work without any questions and I didn't have to pay anything. I have no idea how the newer warranties work.

Dawn

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,914 Posts
How hard do you use it? And, have you looked around at any "truck guy" forums to see if there are any inherent problems with that model/year?

If you aren't working it hard and there isn't any big problem it is prone to, I wouldn't buy a warranty. They are trying to convince you that peace of mind has a price tag but it doesn't.

Reactions: fordy

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I have never bought an extended warranty on anything and have never regretted it. Any problems surfaced during the regular warranty.

If you have not had problems with the truck during the first 3 years, you probably won't. They sell the extended warranties because they make money on them.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How hard do you use it? And, have you looked around at any "truck guy" forums to see if there are any inherent problems with that model/year?

If you aren't working it hard and there isn't any big problem it is prone to, I wouldn't buy a warranty. They are trying to convince you that peace of mind has a price tag but it doesn't.
.............It has led a very easy life for 26,000 miles , absolutely no problems ! I think I'll keep my savings acct . Thanks , fordy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts