Ford 1200 tractor

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by gccrook, Mar 29, 2005.

1. gccrook

gccrook Well-Known Member

I already posted this in the shop forum, but thought I would put it here as well to get as many responses as possible

I just got a Ford 1200 tractor. The deal was too good to pass up, and it was a favor for a good friend. Now, I am wondering if anyone knows anything about these? Can I get a front loader for this? Does it have the hydraulics? It is a 2 cylinder diesel, 3point, PTO, runs good. Came with a brush hog, which I will need, but I think I will want a front loader as well as a 3 point box blade.

2. BDB

BDB BDB

I have a 1600 its about the same as yours just a litle bigger
    the hydraulic remote is under the seat on the right side mine has a 770 loader on it so you can put the same loader on yours i dont know where you would find one though

3. travlnusa

travlnusa Well-Known Member

Go to this website

http://www.ytmag.com/

Go to the Ford discussion board

More info that you would ever dream of knowing

I would also searh ebay, etc for a manual. Call your local dealer to see if prints are still avaliable

4. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Yes you can get a loader for a 1200 Ford tractor.

Yes, the tractor has hydraulics, it is what raises the 3 point hitch.

I doubt you will be able to find a used loader for a 1200 Ford. I expect only a few had front end loaders. New loaders will probably cost plus or minus $2,000, and I doubt that would be an installed price.

I don't know the hydraulic system gallon per minute capacity so the loader may be rather slow acting. The loader bucket on a 1200 is rather small and the unit wouldn't have much lift capacity. Personally I'd almost rather move dirt by hand than with that small of a loader, but I'm in good health and don't mind the work.

I have owned both a 1500 and currently own a 1720. Both good tractors, but the newer 1720 has enough difference it is almost like night and day. I'm sure you will enjoy your tractor.

Stats---1200 4 wheel drive built from 1980-1983. Diesel 2 cylinder engine by Shibaura, of 43 cubic inch displacement. Turns out 13 power take off horsepower and 16 engine horsepower rating. Speeds 20 forward and 2 reverse. Weight 1,244 pounds. New mfg. list price $6515.

The small physical size of these tractors would make them ideal to use on planter for a farm market.

Have fun, and congratulations on going blue.

5. gccrook

gccrook Well-Known Member

Thanks. I guess I'll go to my local Ford dealer and see what he has or can get for me. I don't need a tractor much, but for my 5 acres, there are times when it will be nice to have.

6. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

That will be on the top side of $4000 if you go to the NH dealer. Look around, a lot, for something cheaper.

www.tractorbynet.com is more oriented to this type of tractor, a compact, rather than ytmag.com which is for old American iron.

--->Paul