Homesteading Forum banner

For You Guys Wanting To Butcher Deer

865 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Randy Dandy 
#1 ·
#5 ·
That is super great !!! Thanks :) That explains why I slaughtered the meat on my doe last year :waa: I didnt do that bad but that video sure did help ALOT. Does anyone have a clip or know where I could go to see the proper proceedure do get the deer to the starting point they showed in this clip(gutting/skinning) ? Again I think I did alright last year but I'm not too sure now. I've hunted and fished all my life and never had any trouble with rabbit, squirrel, quail, turkey, but there seems to be some different techniques when it comes to deer...glands, ect... I started getting interested in deer meat mainly because of my two young boys. I'm hoping that my oldest will get his first one this year and I'd like to make sure that I teach them the right proceedures. I care for the wildlife around here and want to make sure that they are harvested and utilized correctly. We will only take what we think will last us till next season. Thanks, Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.