for yarrow

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by furholler, Mar 11, 2005.

1. furholler

furholler Cedar Cove Farm Supporter

I know this seems strange, but I just now read what you posted to me last month about the Jersey/Dexter you bought. I noticed that you are moving to or are in the Mo Ozarks. What part if I may ask? I too live in the Missouri Ozarks. Just curious. :)

2. yarrow

yarrow Ages Ago Acres Nubians Supporter

We moved out between Thayer and Alton this past summer. We have a bit over 20 acres, nice mix of open meadows and woods. We drove down to TN. to pickup the jersey/dexter heifer (now named Betty Moo) from Paula about 3 weeks ago. She's settling in nicely. Getting closer to calving. She has the beginnings of a lovely udder (and really nice long teats, which pleases me to no end, since I want to hand milk her) the neighbors have recently gotten a reg. mini jersey cow (due to freshen in sept) and a mini reg bull. He's who we plan on breeding Betty back to when it's time. She's a lovely little cow (hits me right between my hip and waist, height wise) I'm really enjoying having her here on our farm. What part of the ozarks are you in? did you ever find yourself a milk cow?
    susie

3. furholler

We are North of Gainesville by about 9 miles. I think I know where Thayer is, south of West Plaines, correct? Not terribly far if I'm not mistaken. Nope, haven't found a milk cow yet. I am fixin' to build my fence soon and look to buy one this spring or early summer. Know of any?

Scott

4. myersfarm

myersfarm Dariy Calf Raiser

hello neigbors i am in poplar bluff but i drive to the sale at west plains either on tuesday or wednesday....i have 13 jerseys now.....some are still calfs still looking for more to buy......takes a special cow to become the family milk cow..i have been real lucky ...just wanted to say hi ....john

5. yarrow

Hey John,
    YES, John, does have some lovely jersey ladies. I'm anxiously awaiting several of them to have some little heifers LOL. (OH, before I forget John, I showed the pics to the neighbors, they would also like to get inline for 2 -guess that's 4 that are spoken for LOL< makes for easy cow selling hehehhe.. now if your girls will just cooperate and have heifers) I've got out of town (read CITY) company coming in this afternoon. I'm using her as cheap labor for building a couple of calf stalls tomorrow. Can't tell I'm counting the days til I get to make that drive to Poplar Bluff, can you? :haha: . (might just have to meet you over in West Plains at the cattle auction one of these days)
    susie

6. myersfarm

myersfarm Dariy Calf Raiser

i found some jersey cows for sale if your interested in north west missouri on a web site.....if interested give me a holler

7. yarrow

I think I'll hold out for babies, but give me the info about them anyway (the neighbors might well be interested) just send it to my email if you want. They've had a friend watching for jerseys going thru in west plains....someone keeps buying it up???...NOW I think I know who it is LOL....
    thanks
    susie
    ages.ago.acres@townsqr.com

8. furholler

Hey there John. Well, as I stated above, I will be interested in buying this early summer. If y'all come across any I would appreciate if you'd let me know. :) I'd take bottle calves, Jersey of course.