??for writers

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Bonnie L, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Bonnie L

Bonnie L Well-Known Member

I know there are some writers here & I need some help. When sending a query to a magazine & they want clips, just what are they asking for? Real clippings from published work, Xerox copies, or would my computer generated copy with a notation of where & when it was published be ok?

Thanks for your help!

2. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member Supporter

They are simply asking for a list of previously published articles, and maybe some samples of them, in the same format as the query, be it paper or electrons.

3. Bruce in NE

Bruce in NE Well-Known Member

Real clippings from published work, Xerox copies, or would my computer generated copy with a notation of where & when it was published be ok?

Don't send your originals, of course. Just send them xerox copies. It helps to have your byline on them.....

4. jerneeon

jerneeon Well-Known Member

Hey, talk about questions for writers? Any writers out there have literary agents?

5. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

You might check www.carlaemery.com. She is definitely a writer who could help you with any and all questions.

6. farmy

farmy Well-Known Member

>>Hey, talk about questions for writers? Any writers out there have literary agents?

I used to be an agent. Feel free to PM me if you have a q I could help you with. As a writer, I used a friend who is still in the business to negotiate a book contract for me but do the little stuff (magazines, work-for-hire, etc.) myself.

7. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member Supporter

I have an agent. What is your question?

A computer generated copy of your published work with reference to where and when would probably suffice.