For those who have subscribed to for profit dating sites

Discussion in 'Country Singletree' started by Shrek, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:47 AM.

1. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

When you pay your subscription and post your profile on the pay to match up sites do you emphasize your sense of humor, , looks, ambition or courage ? Do you look for those qualities in the profiles of those whose photos pique your interest?

The November 15 issue of Bottom Line Personal had an article describing a survey conducted by Helen Fisher, PhD who is chief scientific advisor for the Match subscription dating site and in a survey she conducted, 69% of participants indicated that financial responsibility in the potential mates they reviewed was more important to them than any other personal quality.

Maybe instead of dating sites that stress appearance, personality, common interests and such, instead of offering monthly free use weekends should instead team up with banks and mutual fund brokers and launch a dating site called Show me your Money since close to 7 out of 10 folks who use professional dating sites are concerned most about their potential online found mate's financial status LOL

2. Clem

Clem Realist

I will tell you that any woman demanding $10 up front is not very trusting.

3. anniew

anniew keep it simple and honest Supporter

Maybe asking about financial status is to ensure the other person can at least pay his/her own way. Not necessarily looking for a sugar daddy/momma.

RichNC likes this.
  4. Clem

Clem Realist

I admire the way you seem to always look on the positive side. You are probably a very nice person, IRL.

However, with some years of intermittently delving into internet singles sites, my experience has, in general, been that folks who want to know your financials are looking for one of three things:
    someone to help them with their bills...brought on by not being financially stable themselves
    Not to be associating with someone of lesser means, i.e. don't want to mess with poor people.

Or (usually), someone to blow money on them until said target either wises up or goes broke.

Clearly my own experience, as is true of my whole life, is from my perspective alone. Usually, I'm pretty blunt about who I am and what I want, so seem to draw more than my fair share of equally unusual responses.

For instance, in my last foray on POF, I posted pictures of homemade bread, home canned produce, orchard, garden, etc. One pic of me captioned "This is who I am" The rest were under "This is what you get"

Not much romantic response, but I sold 30 loaves of sourdough bread.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 9:05 AM
  5. newfieannie

newfieannie newfieannie Supporter

Oh Clem, you do make me laugh! wish I had seen that profile. ~Georgia

6. Prismseed

Prismseed Self-sufficient newb!

When my now wife then girlfriend was telling a co-worker about using okc his response was basicly 'ew a free site? I go to a payed site to avoid the cheapskates'

She is happily married and he is still single. *shrug*