For those who have enjoyed ACountryPlace

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Little Bit Farm, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Little Bit Farm

Little Bit Farm Active Member

My board is now back up and running in a new location. Thanks to all:) A little different flavor. I'll always love Homesteading today, but I like variety too. Hope you all will stop by and visit:)

http://acountryplace.hyperboards.com/index.php

Little Bit Farm

2. RockyRooster

RockyRooster Well-Known Member

Tried to register but it wouldnt let me. only login is available.

3. Little Bit Farm

You also could be a member of a similar board, and have a global account. If you are already a member of hyperboards, just plug in your login username and password.

Little Bit Farm

4. RockyRooster

RockyRooster Well-Known Member

Okay worked, thankyou.

5. EasyDay

EasyDay Gimme a YAAAAY!

You did a nice job with the site. May I offer a suggestion? There are a LOT of topics... too specific, I think. My first thought was that if I wanted to start a thread in some topic, I'd have to scroll and read the entire list to ensure I was putting it in the correct place, you know?

Wish my panty looked like that background pic you have of all the home-canned goods. That's like my DREAM pantry!

6. MoonShine

MoonShine Fire On The Mountain

Thanks! I signed up,I really like the "look" of that board. It's nice and cozy looking :)

7. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

you can have your panty,s silk screened to look like that :)

8. EasyDay

EasyDay Gimme a YAAAAY!

Ok, mtman! You found my typo!! :p

9. sagecreek

sagecreek Well-Known Member

Great looking site! I really like the picture on the top. I suggestion I might have is to put the different forums into categories. I went to the chicken forum and then had to scroll down about ten forums and found a turkey forum. Id group the animals in a category,homesteading in a category, all of the cooking in a ...you get the idea!

Just my two cents.

Scott

10. Little Bit Farm

I realize that the format of the board is more detailed than people are used to here. The reason I chose this format is because I had used it on the previous board, and found it very effective when one is looking for information about a specific topic. If you have something to post, and are not sure where to place it, put it in the general homesteading board. However, I have found that the trouble organizing the information at the beginning saves trouble later when you are looking for that important disease post for your dying goat etc. I may try to recategorize later, but the consequence will be losing posts and information, I really don't want to lose. It will also be an all day job, as the whole thing would have to be deleted, and re-built. Once you learn the topics, and where they are on the page, it will not be near so confusing as it is in the beginning. Give it a try for awhile, and then we'll see:)

Little Bit Farm