Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problems with my e-mail. Mega problems. Even the "pros" can't seem to find what is wrong with it and fix it. I've known about the problems for a couple months now, I know some of my e-mails don't get to the recipiant, and some of theirs don't get to me. There seems to be no connection between those that get to me and those that don't. Sometimes several in a row from one person will get through and then they'll just stop. I don't know why. I intend to switch servers and change e-mail addresses when I can, but its not been top priority in my hectic life at this time. I have switched all the e-mail addresses on my website to my Mom's e-mail address for now so at least I will get the ones directed from there.
So if you have sent e-mails to me in the recent past and never recieved a reply, my profuse apologies. Rest assured that I answer *every* e-mail I get. Please, in the future, if you e-mail me, send your number along with your e-mail so that I may call you just in case my e-mail doesn't get to you. I hope to get this fixed, but until I do, please feel free to call me, 417-962-9779, or pm me instead of e-mailing.
This has caused at least one huge mis-understanding that I know of and I'd hate to think it might have happened to other people when I aparently "ignored" their e-mails. :(

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,838 Posts
Emily,
I highly recommend gmail. That way, your email address isn't tied to your ISP at all. Much more reliable.

Rose

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was just going to suggest Gmail. They are wonderful for email. It's like a yahoo or hotmail and you wouldn't have switch providers. Plus you could check your email from any computer at all.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Now, I'm going to admit to being a computer dunce....what is gmail?? :help:

·
Enabler!
3,865 Posts
Maybe it is just me but I do not care for gmail. I tried it and I did not realize I gotten replies and such even though I had turned off the conversation part of it. I found it to be annoying.
So my personal opinion I like yahoo or hotmail. Neither are tied into the ISP either and if something happens to your computer it is all still there and not lost.
www.yahoo.com
www.hotmail.com

Both are free which is nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts