For Sale

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, Nov 26, 2004.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

I see so many people buy places,then the next thing you know there is a For Sale sign up.Always makes me wonder if they are just wanting to make more money,just a thing they do.Me I don't like moving that much.

But what brought this up my neighbor told my Son that he sure would like to have my place.He asked me once before,I told him flat out NO!!!

I realy don't want to sell,this is what has happened the last two places I've lived they wanted me out,so I shot them an outrageous price.They paid it :eek:

I could shoot him a price lot more than its worth,if he bites,we could pay off some bills and have a nicer place.But then again like I say I don't like moving,plus I like this place.

big rockpile

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.............So , shoot him a high price , take your profit and buy a place that is alot Closer to the asphault so your Wife doesn't have to Navigate a mile of Slop before she gets to work each day , just my opinion , fordy :)

3. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

you can stop there

but seriously. If you like the place I wouldn't move. Not every day you can find a place you like (and still like it after you know all the problems it has).

4. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

What will ypu have if you sell, money.
    What do you have now, a place you like.
    Which has the greater value to you?

5. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

If you decide to sell, find out what your place is really worth, and ask much more than what it is worth, and then you can deal in your favor with those who want it more than you do.

Most things have a fair price. But if they really want it, then your property is worth more than it is worth, all that you can get, and 2 dollars more.

Getting all than you can get, that is good bussiness.

Remember you are not forcing them to buy ! ! !

They want it more.

6. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

our neighbor heard that we wanted his place....
    he offered it to us at an outrageous price... we realized that we really dont want his place after all. (we own the whole road except for two 20 acre places.)

7. angus_guy

angus_guy Well-Known Member

BRP

What it is worth is a matter between you and the buyer has nothing to do with appraisals (if he has cash) and then appraisors will try to get the appraisal for what the contract is for

The value of any property is what a buyer is willing to pay AND a seller is willing to let it go for

AG

8. big rockpile

I know a Guy by us bought a bunch of acreage for $700 an acre,turned around the next month sold it for $1,000 an acre.

I set a price on mine here while back could have sold it.Realestate Agent told me I should have took it.

I'm trying to get the Goverment to put a Lake in across the road,if they did that it would bring prices way up.

big rockpile

9. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

we have a new development behind us...maybe 2 miles...
    Gist Ranch....The State aquired it (dont know how) and the Dept of Conservation has been developing it. they have put in 2 large ponds, a couple of rustic campsites, now a really nice shooting range...

we cant see it nor hear it but it is pretty easy to get to from our place... they stocked the ponds the year before last...probobly will allow fishing this coming season.

10. big rockpile

caroline across the road is 7,000 acres Goverment Land,they have Horseback Riding,Camping,Hunting,plus the River for Fishing,and Floating,on up the river they have Trout Fishing.But I figure if they put a 100-200 acre Lake in it would just be Iceing on the Cake.

big rockpile