For sale/pictures this time!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Sarah J, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Sarah J

Sarah J Well-Known Member

EDITED UPDATE:

The milking does and one doeling, as well as the buck, Ingatius, have been sold. I still have The 75% American Saanen doeling, Critter Basket Angel On High and the grade Nubian, Critter Basket Nutmeg (both ADGA recorded grades with papers) and one of the American Saanen bucklings left.

[​IMG]
    A rather poor picture of the doelings, but I can't get them to hold still! :rolleyes: The two we still have are on the left and on the right.

[​IMG]
    And the adult boys, sires of the doelings. :) Purebred Nubian, Lonesome-Doe Star Dust (AKA Dusty), only wantd to be loved, not stand for a picture. But Iggy (Briarwind Marco Ignatius) held still for us, as in his second picture below.

[​IMG]

-Sarah

2. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

Where are you located?

Kaza

3. Sarah J

Northwest Iowa, near West Bend.

Sarah

4. myheaven

myheaven Well-Known Member Supporter

wow they are so nice looking. Ill have to pm you later when i have more time.

5. Marjorie Dickso

Marjorie Dickso Well-Known Member

Hi..what are you asking for these goats

6. Sarah J

7. Sarah J

Cleaned out the barn the other day and milk production went up jsut a bit. I have enough grain for about three mroe weeks, then the milkers have to be dried off. There is enough hay in the barn to last two more months. After that, if I can't find a home for them, they have to go to the auction barn.

PLEASE, someone make me an offer. It would be great if I could get everyone sent to the same home, but we can separate them if need be! Both of the purebred Nubian does (the milker and the doeling) as well as the Nubian buck would make AWESOME show goats - they lead easily and are very gentle and have terrific conformation.

-Sarah

8. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

Very nice. Do you know of anyone heading East? I could meet part way but cannot make a trip all the way from NY. I would love to buy your saanens.

9. Sarah J

The best *I* can do is get to eastern Iowa...I've not ever tried transporting services before, but if you know of someone...'Cause I don't. :(

Sarah

10. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

11. Sarah J

Haley has been sold - the doeling with the silver ears and splotch on her head. Still looking for homes for the rest. I found a home for my sheep. Now I just have the rest of my goats and about 19 mixed breed meat rabbits and their equipment. Anyone? Anyone? Bumping this back up to the top!

Sarah

12. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Wish I was home and you were closer to AR.

13. Sarah J

LAST CALL

These beautiful goats are going to auction on Friday, July 14th, if I can't sell them before that. Make an offer. All reasonable offers accepted! I would rather sell to someone I KNOW will take care of them than take them to the auction house where who knows what will happen to them. But I cannot keep them - I can't afford them anymore with hubby laid off and us possibly moving.

-Sarah

14. tbishop

tbishop Well-Known Member

Find a home for those rabbits? I would love to work with some crossbreeds like that.

Tim B.

15. Sarah J

Hi Tim,

I have the bunnies still. A mix of NZ white, Californian, Satin, and whatever that guy in the corner cage is. LOL 19 total. Cages, water bottles and feeders go with. Make an offer. :)

Sarah

16. Sarah J

Bunnies are sold.

I am getting seriously desperate beyond desperate with the goats, though. The auction was a bust. I've checked with several auctions in Iowa and there is no way, after all, that they will sell there - they want meat goats and all but told me flat out that, if I take them, they will end up at slaughter. I just can't let that happen to them. I have milk records on three of them and two of their daughters are here.

Marco Ignatius (the saanen buck) has been sold. I have all of the others, still. PLEASE help me. I don't know what to do and I can't keep them!!!

PLEASE someone make an offer on these beautiful goats. I've had to dry out the milkers - they have not been milked in over a week now. I'm out of grain. I have a limited supply of hay left.

PLEASE don't make them go to the slaughter house. I don't think I could handle that at all! All of them have ADGA papers that go with them.

-Sarah

17. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

Would you be willing to drive to the Iowa/Missouri border? My daughter is in 4-H and would like to show goats.

18. Sarah J

Yes, depending on WHERE on the Iowa/MO border. If you're near the south-eastern border that's about 6 hours for me...a bit too far, but I could come close???

-Sarah

19. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

I just sent you a PM

20. Sarah J

Got it and responded. Thanks...

-Sarah