? for Indiana folks....Ball Corp...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by margo, Aug 3, 2004.

1. margo

margo Well-Known Member

Can someone tell again the city and address of the outlet selling canning jars? thanks....Margo

2. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member Supporter

I couldn't find an outlet sales place for the jars, but the company is located in Muncie, IN.

Nomad

3. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

They are on google under BALL JARS . 12 regular quart jars with lids are $15.29. I suppose freight is additional. Have you priced them at Wally World?

4. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw a flock of places selling Ball jars, but I thought she was looking for an outlet type place that sells the jars straight from the Ball factory. I may have misunderstood...Sorry. :eek:

Nomad

5. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

I haven't had to buy jars for a couple of years, but isn't 15.29 a bit high? I'm thinking they were less than $8 last time I bought them?

6. margo

margo Well-Known Member

I thought it was this forum, several months ago (?) somebody posted where the factory outlet is. I may hve dreamt it. That's what I get for not saving things. hehe hehe thank you Margo

7. redrose47334

redrose47334 Quiltin' Gypsy

Hey!

The post you are thinking of was probably mine. I live in Muncie and there was an outlet at one time for Ball products. The outlet that we have now is "Glass Factory Warehouse" at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Batavia Ave and they have a lot of different glass not just jars(sometimes). The Ball Corp was split up into several different companies, the two main ones being St. Gobain's and Alltrista. Alltrista is the one that now makes the jars. 1 dozen wide mouth qt jars sells at our local Wally World for $7.22 a case. Hope this info helps!

redrose

8. margo

margo Well-Known Member

Thank you, Redrose.

9. DW

DW plains of Colorado Supporter

If you're looking for cheaper, sometimes Big Lots & Family Dollar have them for $5/doz. but could be sold out this time of year.